on 6 April 2018
This is my 2nd purchase and review update of this book having 'lost' the first one to a friend!
Book arrived early and in great condition with no signs of ware and tare. Some great recipes and the one's I have tried so far have all worked. Yum!. A great addition to anyone's collection and my already packed cookery book shelf. Thanks Nigella.
on 16 October 2013
This was my first Nigella book, but won't be the last. I have made quite a few recipes, 99% of which turned out really well and proved very adaptable (Nigella is also very good at suggesting alternative ingredients, which I found helpful and interesting). Nigella's prose can be a bit grating, particularly when she goes on about being so greedy she sometimes has to eat things straight out of the pan, etc... Only one word of warning: avoid the 'roquamole' recipe like the plague. It must be the worst thing that I have ever tasted - the guests I served it to all thought it was horrible too, as did other friends who also made it. However, don't let that put you off - there are lots of brilliant recipes, including the BEST rocky road you'll EVER eat.
on 18 December 2010
My wife loves her cooking - and from time to time I buy her a new cookery book. I don't tend to stick with the same celebrity chef - I tend to buy her a selection.

This was my first by Nigella and it's an absolute cracker. The book is full of wonderful recipes that you can do in say a half hr or so. Very easy to follow and beautifully illustrated. My wife has some firm favourites in there - Moroccan meatballs with pomegranate seeds...mmmm (may sound not nice but trust me - wonderful food when its cold outside). Having said that, as I think you have with all cookery books, there are recipes in there that are not attractive an so I can't see my wife using them. On the whole, we must have at one recipe or so each week - so a very worthwhile investment.

If you like cooking, and want a book that you can pick up and knock something together quickly - this is an ideal book for you.

Highly recommended.
on 8 October 2017
Just had to get my own copy. Friend makes some great recipes from it. Now singleton again after decades cooking for the family can't be arsed cooking but this book gives me the encouragement to do it.
on 5 February 2018
Book is in very good condition, lots of great recipes to discover, and it arrived in good time.
I'm pleased with this purchase
on 17 January 2015
thank you to the seller for this absolute bargain - and to anyone wondering whether to buy the book as its been out for a while now - its great. I would say about a third of the recipes are ones you will want to try pretty soon which is good for a cook book when sometimes you only do one or two recipes from it. She always gets 10 out of 10 from me.
on 6 July 2015
I am a big fan of Nigella, although better Reading her than watching her. I love the way she writes and the way she teaches us how to cook simply and well everytime. It is a very basic book but with a twist in some of the old and typical recipes that will make us feel comfortable when cooking them.
on 10 September 2017
Excellent Recipes.....Nigella is a Mistress of top Nosh....Forgotten Pudding is such a winner for parties. I serve mine with a red berry Coulis.
on 3 September 2014
This is a great book, with lots of appealing and quick to cook recipes. It does have some calorific dishes, but it would hardly be Nigella if it didn't. The chicken and bacon schnitzel is a big hit in our house and the breakfast section is interesting. If your short on time this is the book for you.
on 19 October 2015
Yet again I am amazed I could acquire a book in such pristine condition for such a very,very small amount. I'm certain I will enjoy browsing as I always enjoy reading Nigella