Customer reviews

on 8 January 2006
This book takes in a wide range of emotions and topics: grief, teenage mothers, congenital diseases, young love, the need for family. It is a mark of Valerie Mendes's writing that she can weave these themes together so carefully, making sure that we understand and sympathise with each character. She also makes sure that each one has a different voice. Her descriptions of the Oxford countryside are beautiful, and the ending is a triumph.
Readers who like this might also like "The Opposite of Chocolate" by Julie Bertagna.
on 18 July 2007
This book is one of my favourites of all time.
It was very unpredictable and amazing how Valerie Mendes could use all different and important themes together in one story.
The characters seem very real because each chapter is told by a different person's point of view.

I recommend this to all teenage girls.
on 24 February 2013
This book was amazing to read and I recommend it I'm sure that you will ENJOY it as much as I did
on 11 February 2015
loved this book x
on 23 August 2005
I have just finished reading it and I think it's a great read. I started it the smorning, and I just couldn't put it down! Another brilliant book from the best-seller of "Girl in the Attic" (which is a fab read too!). A must read for teenagers.