on 4 September 2011
My wife died on the 5th July 2011. At the crematorium, the celebrant's first reading was the passage where the Skin Horse explains to the Rabbit how toys become "real".

What would have been a painful occasion was lifted into happiness, as he went on to prove how Daphne had been "real", and through her love of family and children, especially handicapped children, she had made others around her "real". Both my daughter and I have bought the book - without prior discussion.

As one who has been made Real (at age 78, all my hair has been loved off, I have become shabby and my joints loose, but my eyes haven't dropped out - yet) I commend this book.

Read it when you are feeling low, and find a smile.
1212 Comments| 253 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2017
We have aways had an edition of this book in every part of the family and I bought this for my new great niece. Its all about what makes things real which is of course, love
on 13 April 2017
A most beautiful book.
The most beautiful story.
I recommend for all ages.
A great gift.
on 24 May 2017
Perfect start for this classic. For a very young child. As expected.
on 13 June 2017
my fave as a child now one of my grandaughters faves too
on 25 July 2017
Wonderful - everyone should read this
on 12 April 2017
I love this book
on 28 April 2017
Excellent I am about to order it again to give as a gift!
on 24 July 2017