on 6 January 1999
As a third grade teacher, this book was a useful tool in teaching about Christmas Around the World. There are so few good books on this topic, and my students enjoyed the one page synopsis of Christmas for each of the countries discussed (about 10). The illustrations for each country are wonderful and vivid. We were able to learn about customs from these countries not usually presented in other books. I would recommend this book to any teacher, parent, or child seeking information about Christmas customs in countries around the world in this enjoyable and fact-filled book.
on 29 December 2010
I bought this book to use with my class during our Christmas project. All the children thoroughly enjoyed finding out about the different ways other countries celebrate Christmas. An excellent resource for primary teachers!