Customer reviews

on 17 October 2012
I am starting a course of training to be an Ordained Local Minister and am at present doing a module on the Old Testament. I am finding that this publication is set at just the right level. It is simple enough for me to understand but at the same time enables me to develop my knowledge of the Old Testament. Although it introduces critical ways of looking at the Old Testament it does so in a manner that allows me to take in the fact that God has dealt graciously with His chosen people Israel. In doing so it is a volume that allows the reader to see how the Old Testament applies to today's world.
on 6 December 2013
Easy to understand and extremely helpful explanations. Good for students. Appreciated the basic language and the assumption I knew very little.
on 9 January 2013
This is a very comprehensive book. It is surprising how much has been packed into it. Ideal for studies, well documented and a must for anyone wanting to get to grips with the Hebrew Bible. It is not an easy read compared to the Collins equivalent, but is packed full of information.
on 23 March 2013
This book was one recommended for the course i am on and although some people found it quite difficult to read and heavy going it has been useful for this course
on 11 October 2012
I purchased the book as it is a course book I need. I bought a second hand copy to save a bit on cost, but in fact, the book is as good as new, with no evidence of having been opened before! It arrived in good time, and I have enjoyed reading the first few chapters.
on 15 October 2014
Helpful text. I found it more accessible than Collins
on 2 March 2015
Downloaded onto Kindle quick & easy
on 1 October 2013
Would recommend to other students on the course. Written so a lay person can understand. Will be a useful reference in the future.