on 21 October 2017
I don't know where to start.......what an amazingly clever, highly spirited independent girl Anne was. The diary has shocked me in lots of ways. The kindness of the people who helped to hide and feed them so long and the risks they took so selflessly. The humour that Anne captured so well, the learning and longing for freedom is so cleverly written. The atrocities that occurred throughout the War and the spirit of all of those in hiding. It's so difficult to understand, but yet Anne makes it relatable by detailing relationships within the Annex, boredom, obsession with food and the need to hear and see nature.
Highly recommend reading this book.
on 25 October 2015
After visiting Anne Frank's house in Amsterdam I had to read this book. What an intelligent and inquisitive soul. Brought me close to tears towards the end....this remarkable girl's story guides you to the wider message to imagine of all the unheard stories you didn't hear...and reminds us that something like the Holocaust can never happen again.
on 28 May 2017
What can I say? I think we all know about Anne Frank...good to read her account of the war, and being in hiding :/ shame there wasn't a happy ending for her
on 17 May 2015
What's there to write about a book that's been around for so long and sold in millions? That in itself is testimony to this incredible book.How fortunate we are that it survived at all for the rest of us to 'enjoy'.Sadly Anne didn't but her legacy lives on.Thankyou Anne,Miep and Otto for bringing it to our attention.
on 1 September 2017
Compelling, honest and ultimately tragic account of Anne and her family's secret wartime existence. A must read for all.
on 25 February 2017
difficult to put down, i bought this on a whim and i'm so glad i did!
on 20 May 2017
What can you say - we must never forget how the Jewish people get treated. It had a deep effect on me.
on 10 January 2017
It was very insightful and gave me a very informing on how it was for the people at that time. It was heartbreaking but informative.
on 10 June 2017
wee sister was doing WW2 as a subject at primary school and was excited to receive this book
on 23 May 2017