Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 June 1999
We spent 1 week in Provence this year, and have become so attached to it! Having coming back to California I've realized that with the strong climatic connections, we can adapt our life a bit and relive our experiences. This cookbook is wonderful - I now know why Patricia cooks for friends all of the time - I have made so many of her recipes we can hardly eat it all! I have visited our own farmers market and have found such pleasure re-enacting our visits to the markets in Provence. Especially easy for the working wife/mother are the fish wrapped in pancetta, and the Pasta with Roquefort/lemon zest/rosemary. I slow-roasted big red onions this weekend, and am preserving lemons, and planning on doing the salt-cured olives, plus trying the brioche recipe, and on and on and on!!! Thank you Patiricia for this book!
on 24 February 2014
After a lovely dinner at a friends house I bought this book to have the same recipe. Unfortunately, I can't get most of the ingredients that are available in the lovely markets in Provence. And for those recipes where the ingredients might be less important, the work involved is not my style.

This book might be great for some but when I'm looking for something to make I have never found anything here. Maybe in the summer, although I've had it for more than a year now.
on 24 September 2004
I bought this book when it was first published and am returning to Amazon today to buy another copy --- most of the pages are stuck together from YEARS of cooking with it. Every single section has wonderful recipes that are simple to prepare with ingredients you can find anywhere -- and the result is always delicious and beautifully presented. I reach for this book more often than Joy or Julia Child, it's that much of a standard in our house !!!
on 6 July 1997
Of all the countries in the world, France in one of the most influential
to the culinary arts. In the Southern part of the country is a superb
region known as Provence where Patricia Wells has lived for over 13
years. Patricia Wells at Home in Provence is her 'scrapbook' of recipes
that have been inspired by her living in her farmhouse in Provence,
France. Smoked Trout Tartare, Monkfish Bouillabaisse with A(oli, Braised
& Gratin3/4ed Fennel, Fettucine with Roquefort Lemon Zest & Rosemary,
Crusty Wheat & Polenta Bread, Monkfish "Carpaccio", The Winemaker's Duck
with Olives & Artichokes, Lemon-Thyme Lamb Chops and Cherry & Goat
Cheese Gratin are just a few of the titles of the extraordinary recipes
found in this book.
Wells' award-winning journalistic style shows in her layouts of each
recipe giving the reader more then just ingredients and preparation
details. Many of the recipes give ingredient or wine tips, history or
suggestions.
Patricia Wells at Home in Provence with the Author's name in the title
is also published by Scribner.
An exclusive compilation of personal recipes 'inspired by her farmhouse
in France'.
on 30 January 2011
For anyone who enjoys preparing and eating great tasting food Patricia Wells' book will provide hours of enjoyment and satisfaction. But it's full of so much more than recipes. The reader is drawn instantly into the beautiful world of Provence, its tastes, its smells, its culture and its history. A friend of mine had lent me her copy, but after having read just half a page I knew I had to order my own, plus a spare for my best friend!
on 11 April 1997
to read a complete review about this book or many other books available through Amazon books please check out the reviews at [...]