on 12 February 2001
I am usually very wary of self-help books, but this is more a practical guide to getting what you want by focussing on your goals and clearing your mind of clutter. Excellent.
on 29 September 2010
My womanly passion for shoes is almost outweighed by my writer's love of notebooks. Never mind the fact that I actually write my books on a computer, my office (actually the whole house!) is full of beautiful notebooks, most containing only a few jottings. I always hope wistfully that not only will I write wonderful prose in my notebooks, but that my handwriting will be sufficiently legible to allow others to appreciate it.

The obsession with notebooks was partly fostered by Henriette Anne Klauser, author of Write it Down, Make it Happen. The idea is that by externalising your wishes, you create a mechanism for bringing your wishes to you. According to the blurb on the back cover, it's not an abstract theory, but based on evidence. For several years, I have been writing down that I am a best-seller (not made it yet, but give me time!). That said, I have found it an enjoyable and thought provoking read. I certainly support that argument that if you let it be known what you want you are more likely to achieve it because (not making the bestseller lists apart - but maybe How to Get Top Marks ... will achieve that!) I have found that on a number of occasions and against all the odds, I have written down my goals and wishes and they did materialise. So write it down - you might make it happen for you.

The HR Headmistress
Author: How to Get Top Marks in ... Managing Poor Work Performance
on 6 May 2013
a very good read.if you can get past the churchy, amercanish type story telling.the rest of the book is very helpful.give it a go.there is a 27% chance of doing something if you write it down.i 'm hooked.
on 5 April 2013
Very interesting informative guide to getting things done. A book to go back to again and again. A handbook of helpful hints, tips and ideas to move forward in your chosen direction and help in choosing that direction.
on 12 November 2011
My psychotherapist recommended this and it worked!

I made a list of the ideal man I wanted to meet and approximately 18 months later I met a guy through my job - he was 92% match of the list criteria!!

I did the same with my job and I now work in the ideal role for my life! AMAZING!!!
on 20 September 2013
Not a bad book, but I'm finding now there are quite a few of these books out and very similar in reading, to the extent that they are actually quoting each other. If you've read a few of these books, this one isn't really saying anything that wasn't said in The Secret or E2 or the Law of Attraction.
on 4 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book and learned a lot from it. Before I purchased this book I was worried that some other reviewers had said that it lacked substance and had advice that could found elsewhere but found this wasn't the case. I found that writing things down helped me greatly to get better clarity of my goals and made them feel more physical to me. Thanks
on 24 September 2013
One of the best self improvement books out there.Very useful and interesting. The advice is practical and straight forward, no non- sense.
I would recommend it to everyone
on 26 January 2015
The problem with this book is that there is some good stuff in here, but it's all tumbled together with nonsense and overlong anecdotal 'evidence'.

The good: Klauser talks about stuff like how we are predisposed to notice things that we are tuned in to on a given day, which makes writing your goals and desires down (so you're predisposed to notice the stuff that is important to those goals) very sensible advice. Writing stuff down is also handy for delineating exactly what your aim is, which some people find helpful.

If the book as a whole was more like this, it would, I think, be very useful and enjoyable. Unfortunately it veers wildly between quite good, common sense advice, and a mishmash of law of attraction/name it and claim it/the universe will give you what you want new age type stuff that isn't even particularly consistent or coherent. Combine this with overlong anecdotes about how people have written stuff down and got what they want as if by magic, and I feel like I'm not at all sure what Klauser is peddling here.

There is undoubtedly value in writing down life goals, ambitions, aspirations. I think this book had the potential to build on that idea, but Klauser doesn't seem to know whether she wants to write a book about using a written journal to actually help you achieve, or a just a series of overlong, overly detailed anecdotes "proving" that you can basically order your life to progress exactly how you want as long as you write it down.

The actual useful stuff in here would make a nice booklet...
on 13 March 2013
I am still reading this book, but think it is great. I was desperate to sell my house and guess what the first chapter was on doing just that. It has really helped so far and I'm sure will go on doing so. If you have a problem - write it down and just that simple process opens your mind up to all sorts of possibilities that you hadn't thought of. I thoroughly recommend it.