on 31 January 1999
My daughter volunters at a Public Library. She has given me some beautiful books. The "Locket" was a l998 Christmas Present. Prior to this she had given me The Christmas Box, The Letter, and Time Piece. It's difficult to say which I liked the best; they are all beautiful. I like the "size" easy to hold when you read lying down! Have given them for Christmas and birthday presents. I have enjoyed his writings so much would love to be able to meet him and his family. Lost my husband just a year ago; I thank the Lord that I have good eye sight there are so many wonderful books; computeers, TV, or movies can never take their place.
on 4 November 1998
I have just completed reading The Locket. Richard Paul Evans has a natural gift of writing on paper what we all have felt at sometime. His books have you deal with all of your emotions and leaves you with hope. Hope in yourself, hope in mankind, and hope in the future. His books are an easy read but very addictive. Once you start you can't put the book down until it is finished. Always a good cry with his books. And that is not at all bad. Sometimes we need a release...
on 13 October 1998
I have heard of Richard Paul Evans, but have never read his books until now. I recieved The Locket in a fed ex package from my step-daughter. I read it in one night. Start to finnish. The Locket is a story of a longing heart and a yearn for love. It is a story of valuing every moment of your every day life. Is about the enduring qualities of hope and forgiveness. When I read the last page I was left in awe. The book has changed me. For anyone who has experienced the redemption of love, you will identify with this book. The Locket is the best book I've read in years, and since reading it, I have put all of Evans' books I've missed at the top of my Christmas list.
on 13 July 1999
I grabbbed this book at the library to read. It made me want to laugh and cry at the same time. I might want to add this book on to my collection of books. He is a very good author.
on 6 November 1998
Though he is mired in debt and feeling all alone, Michael Keddington does not regret for one minute the last six months in which he nursed his mother dying from cancer. When his mother finally dies, a mourning Michael lands a job at the Arcadia nursing home where he befriends Esther Huish, an elderly woman bemoaning the loss of her youth.
THE LCOKET is vintage Richard Paul Evans (see THE CHRISTMAS BOX and THE LETTER) as the story line is saturated with tear-jerking sentimentality that will leave the coldest individual wiping tears from their eyes. The characters and their motivations are cleverly designed to elicit empathy. That would be expected from Esther, Faye, and Michael. However what makes Mr. Evans one of the top writers of melancholy plots is his ability to wring sympathy at times from readers for Faye's father. Fans of old fashioned two thumbs up box of tissues tales will love THE LOCKET.

Harriet Klausner
on 2 November 1998
This book was a very quick read, as I have found all of Mr. Evans' books to be. While at times the writing did seem a little lengthy and the plot contrived, I very much appreciated the message behind this book (and all of his books, for that matter). This latest work was indeed a quick read, as I finished it in two readings. The story is quite enjoyable although at times I kept mentally picturing Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal (albeit in reversed roles) as Faye and Michael. The book gave me pause as I reflected on Esther's comments on old age and how certain decisions in one's life can indeed be pivotal experiences.
This is a must-read for fans of Mr. Evans and it shall receive a place of honor in my library next to the "Christmas Box" series I own. Read and enjoy!
on 20 June 1999
This book has quite a few wonderful points that it drives home. I like that Michael, a young man, placed a high value on the elderly residents that he helped in the nursing home. Michael learns lessons about love from Esther, and about taking the easy way out, through his trial. The excerpts from Esther's diary at the beginning of each chapter were clever---I enjoyed her words of wisdom. This novel really shows the reader, through the lives and loves of Esther and Michael, the difference between choosing two roads; a road of love, or a road of fear. The book is relatively short, interesting, and makes the reader think. I would recommended this book.
on 11 November 1998
I never thought I would be drawn to romantic fiction, but suddenly, I can't wait to read more books by Evans. I guess I am an oddity, because I've read his books out of order, starting with The Locket, then The Letter, and then Timepiece. I just bought The Christmas Box and I can't wait to read it! He has a certain charm of capturing his characters and his use of setting is always appropriate. There are many themes in his books, which is one of the reasons why I am so drawn to his writing style.
on 18 January 1999
Richard Paul Evans undoubtably has a gift. I have read several of his books and have enjoyed all of the immensily. The one thing that I really appreciate about this author is his wholesome approach to story telling. The Locket is not only well-written and interesting, it is a breath of freash in a market full of sex, violence and general distaste. We need more writers like Mr. Evans!
on 10 February 1999
i have read all of his books and every one gets better and better , he has a gift from "GOD" , dont ever let it go.. you have no idea how you touch hearts with the words, God bless and keep you near , cant wait till the next book!!! i have all in hard back these i will share with all my family.. one generation after another.............