Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 June 2010
Illustrations are dull, grainy, stills from the TV series. There are better products on the market. Avoid!
on 18 September 2011
I bought this for my two and half year old Thomas crazy son and he loves it.

However, I've never seen a book so poorly produced. Its overall appearance is flimsy. The cover is too small, the pages look like they won't withstand little fingers for long; and the quality of the actual printing of the texts and images is so poor they could have been printed on a cheap home printer.
on 4 January 2010
Designed to be read to a child (2-year old for example). Not as colourful, sturdy and interactive like other Thomas's books, but still a good product.
on 6 November 1998
Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends from the Island of Sodor introduce ABC's to children. An excellent picture book that is perfect for pre-readers. A must have for any young Thomas fan! Purchase two as it is destined to become "well-loved".
on 18 November 2011
To be honest, on ordering this along with 2 other
Thomas books, the other two are better in that they are the board books and I expected this one to be so was a bit disappointed that it wasn't.

That said I've decided to keep it anyway and will use it to read to LO until he's a bit older to not risk ripping the pages.

I have seen the other ABC Thomas book, and a reviewer on here put me off as xmas for letter x, but on seeing the same book at a playarea for my toddler that I take him to regularly.. it's actually better than this one and xmas is no big deal anyway, it still shows the letter X. It's more colourful and sturdier than this one too. I'd recommend that other one to buyers over this one.
on 8 May 2014
I support a child with Autism at school.

I have lost count the amount of times I have read this book to my student at school. Books which have a Thomas theme catches his attention and can also have a calming effect on him when he may be feeling upset.

I would recommend this.
on 29 January 2012
Got this for my son for his birthday as he loves looking at books. Some words in it are hard for him to say because quite complicatd for his age and it is quite a plain book overall.
on 27 September 2012
This activity book is so thin. The pictures are very shadowed and the colours are not clear. My child didn't like it at all though it was Thomas - his favourite character.
on 25 May 2010
I bought this for my grandson who is, like his uncles and many more little boys a big fan of Thomas the Tank Engine. I'm sure he'll love it.
on 2 January 2010
This was a present for a budding speaker/reader who had also just discovered Thomas. Basically considering the later point this book can not fail to be a successful present. On a practical point it looks to me like just the sort of book to help a young Thomas fan learn their ABC.