on 15 January 2008
This one is an absolute favourite with my girls from age 1. The book itself is very small but that makes it easy to hold for little hands and it's also handy in my purse when I'm out and about with the kids.
We love to look at all the little details as well besides the flaps - laughing mouse and spider in the net in the barn etc.
Very sturdy, too. Sweet pictures. They never get bored of it!

I give this as gift along with Good Night! from Claire Masurel for friends.
on 25 January 2016
I purchased Open the Barn Door for my daughter’s first birthday. She is now approaching her second birthday and this book is still very much a favourite.

The book is smaller than I was expecting (dimensions, as per Amazon are 9.9cm x 9.9cm), but this actually turned out to be a plus point as it’s great for throwing in the changing bag when we go out, or acting as a distraction in the car.

The book is a lift-the-flap book and has lots of pages. Each page poses a question – for example ‘who says moo?’ and opening the flap will reveal the animal in question. This was a great tool for my daughter to learn the names of farm animals and the noises that they made.

As this is a board book it is durable and despite having owned it for around a year and it having lots of use, our copy is still in remarkably good condition, with all the flaps still intact.

I would strongly recommend this book, I don’t really have anything negative to say about it. I think it is perfect for little one’s aged one and over.
on 30 September 1998
My 1 year old loves this book. This is the only book he consistently goes back to. I had to order another one because the old one is too ripped. This book shows children different animals and their sounds.
on 12 June 1998
My son was given this book when he was a baby, and still loves it at 3 1/2. It's so worn from use that I'm getting ready to order another copy for my baby.
on 13 March 2016
Little one loves this book. Some flaps need prising open by me before she can lift them but all in all she loves it and it's one of her go to books as its small enough for her to pick up and carry round. The flaps are lasting slightly better than the book itself as she's taken to chewing the corners. The only annoying thing about it is it says a pony says neigh and a rooster says cock-a-doodle-doo. In other books a horse says neigh and a cockerel says cock-a-doodle-doo.
on 23 May 2016
Nice little book...but emphasis on the 'LITTLE'...was very surprised its pocket library-sized!i was searching through delivery box for a big book and then i found it..hiding away in the corner of the box..gorgeous book and well made but its small...
on 14 June 2013
I was a little dissappointed whan I received this small book but was proved to be wronng as my grand-daughter always goes for this one as it fits nicely into her tiny hands. Have since looked for similar books of the same size.
on 17 August 2015
Bought for my 14 month old who loves flap/peek a boo books. It's a lovely book but very small, a lot smaller than I thought. But it fits perfectly in my daughters hands & the book itself is very good & you learn about the animals which I like. I would definately recommend but only have 4 stars for the book being small.
on 3 October 2015
This little book is excellent for teaching animal sounds to babies. Nice and small so it's easy to take along on baby travels and the flaps add an element of interest for babies - although they are quite small for little fingers. Great value little book.
on 8 April 2015
My one year old loves this. It was smaller than I expected, but she sits and flicks through the pages herself, as it is easy for her to pick up and handle. She loves lifting the flaps and making the animal noises. This is great for getting children to start to interact with books.