Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 June 1999
This book is great. What else would you expect from Mr. Wolff. I find his stories refreshingly unique. This man could write about getting your oil-changed and make it interesting. This is a must read for anyone interested in the works of the so-called "Dirty Realists." Also read Ford's Rock Springs and anything you can get a hold of by Raymond Carver. These men write about our lives, not the lives we all wish we had. Wolff is an in-your-face writer that punches home all his points with clear language and just hard writing. Also check out In The Garden of the North American Martyrs and The Night in Question--other collections of his.
on 26 April 1999
I can't believe that I am the first person to review this book. Read this book!!! Beautiful stories, some of which brought tears to my eyes. Mr. Wolff is a great writer, who deserves the serious reader's attention.