on 4 August 1999
A great story of an interesting and misunderstood man. The chapters on his years after retirement from baseball are especially fascinating.
on 5 November 1997
I wasn't a huge baseball fan when I started this book, but I'd heard of Jackie Robinson. I used to think I knew who he was. Well, you don't anything until you read this book! The comforting text inches over every exciting aspect of Jackie Robinson's life. It was written using information that Jackie Robinson's wife provided for the first time. The topics range from rising above racism to sharing personal family experiences. If you love baseball, this book is absolutely for you. However, if you're not really into sports (like me), then you'll still adore this true-life story that seems almost unreal.
on 18 May 1999
I came to this book as a sports fan looking for more information about a great athlete. What I came away with was the story of a great man. I wish I had known and worked with this man...
on 23 February 2015
Purchased as a gift however the book was not in any decent state to be gifted. Front cover sleeve held together with tape. Gave it away.
on 11 September 2015
Very good book learned a lot