on 19 February 2016
This book is brilliant! I had mainly bought it for her turkey recipe as I've been wanting to try it for years, unfortunately I couldn't find her Christmas book at a reasonable price.
I'm so pleased I bought this though as it not only has her best Christmas recipes, it also covers lots of other events too. She gives a little background on her experiences then the reason why she had progressed the idea.
I was pretty nervous about trying out a new idea for Christmas, but the recipe was very simple to follow and a great success!
review imagereview image
on 26 May 2013
Upon receiving this book it was opened and a number of the recipies were explored and it seemed to be well laid out an easy to follow the steps involved until the final product was finished. This gave me the satisfaction that the rest of the recipies were laid out in a simple to follow set of instructions. Obviously, some tasks may take some time to complete, but this has been mentioned and the instruction was placed in the relevant position.

All in all this was a brilliant book in my opinion, and was well worth the money spent on it, I would certainly wholeheartedly recommend it not only for the feasts but for special family celebrations.

Just one word of warning the book is not light, so be aware if giving it as a present.
on 6 March 2011
I Love Nigella. I love the book and I'm not kidding, her seasonal salad on page 59 has changed my life. I think I make this salad 2x a week (with loads of leftovers in between) as I'm low carbing (swap splenda for the sugar). It is hands down my absolutely favorite salad EVER. Yes, may sound over the top for a salad (!!) but I'm seriously not kidding. Just roast a turkey breast (or chicken/breasts for that matter)) on it's own, dice it up and add to the salad (and I add a dollop of mayo on the top) and you'll think you've died and gone to crunch heaven. Absolutely fantastic and the family gets to eat the chicken or turkey made with another recipe. The rest of the book has very easy meals to put together for any type meal you want to prepare and her desserts are divine and I can find most of the ingredients which is a huge PLUS when an expat living abroad. Lastly, Nigella obviously eats and enjoys food and it's apparent in her comments before each recipe. She's my absolute favorite.
on 16 November 2016
This is a really nice cookery book with lovely prose by Nigella as she cooks. I purchased this book for 1p which is amazing and it was in good condition. Bargain.
on 26 March 2018
Still one of my Favourite cookery books.
on 26 March 2018
an excellent cook bock, I can recommend this book to anyone how loves cooking. Thank you.
on 26 April 2017
The book was in Good condition and I love the recipes especially malteser chocolate cake.
on 8 January 2018
A great book! Love it!
on 14 March 2016
It is OK, so 3 stars. I was a bit disappointed because the book shown has the dust jacket and the one I was sent did not have it. The write-up by the seller may have made this clear but if it did I missed it. The copy was obviously well used, which is good for a cook-book! SoI now have this excellent Nigella book at a very reasonable price and I don't need to worry too much if I spill something on it.
on 20 March 2014
I didn't like her when watching her on TV but somehow I liked her recipes, so I decided to get her books. This is one of the best books she has got and I am happy to have discovered her this way!