Customer reviews

on 9 October 2016
I only wish I had read this and put it into practice at 15.
on 5 July 2010
An excellent book, I've been looking for this book for ages and finally saw it in the used section of Amazon and bought it immediately. I wasn't disappointed, exactly what I wanted the book is well laid out with the Latin in left page and the English (well translated by Harry Caplan) in the right hand side. Plenty of foot notes to expand on the authors intentions and instructions. The section on memory was particularly interesting as I am very interested in medieval and ancient forms of memorisation.

I was also pleased with the size of the book, about a hand span in height and hardback, fits in my coat pocket very nicely.

The Rhetoric and oratory parts were intriguing as well; I have many instances when I have to talk in public. Overall a fascinating read and most instructive, enjoy.