on 19 February 2010
I'm still working my way through this book - you can't read these things like a novel, obviously - but it's very good as a lead-in to C# programming. I can recommend it to those who have a bit of programming under their belt, especially if it C/C++, but it still makes sense if you don't.
on 4 January 2014
The book is good value for money. but hard to read. Even so I would recommend it and the suppliers who were prompt. rate excellent to others
on 1 August 2010
Learning C# 2008 in 24 hours (James Foxall) is, even for the most smart student, impossible.
To learn a few tricks about this extended C# 2008 it is usefull, but I had the idea that I've payed too much for what I've got. The CD included, with all the current languages, don't make it more valuable, as these all are free downloadable from the Internet.

I think better books are from Wrox. Professional C# 2008 gives >20 times more material to study than the book from Foxall for a rather low price.
on 24 August 2014