on 4 September 2017
Super read, one of the best at summarising lots of books key messages. One of the main points for me that stood out is near the end. Find time to think by yourself everyday. Don't 'fill' every moment of the day with TV or radio or small talk or gossip, make the time to think about the things you NEED to think about
8 people found this helpful
on 4 October 2015
Love this book. Very motivational and very accessible. It set me in a more positive and proactive mindset immediately upon reading it and I am now reading it a second time and making notes as I go as there are so many good bits in there that I want to make sure I keep fresh in my mind.
This book gave me extra confidence and belief in my actions to be more proactive in perusing my dreams.
I have already personally recommeded this book to a number if friends and wouldn't hesitate to recommed it further.
3 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2018
It's perhaps the best book I have in my library, however I have several best selling books, namely: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Think and Grow Rich or How to Win Friend and Influence People etc
on 25 April 2017
Once you get past the cheesy cover and title, this turns out to be a great book. Books of this type tend to be long winded and 'preachy' however, Schwartz's formula is simple and believable, with each chapter being filled with examples and experiences from the writer and his acquaintances. This has quickly become my favorite 'business book'.
on 27 September 2013
I read a lot of books in this genre and after a while I do tend to skim read some of the more oft-explored advice and anecdotes, not because they're bad but just because you've 'heard them before'. This book is no exception as lots of it has already been discussed. It was written quite some time ago (if you can overlook how almost every fictitious character is a 'chap' and an excellent wage is $15,000 a year - it's age shouldn't represent a problem) which could explain why the good bits are in the main press already.

However some times it only takes a few sentences to create that 'aha' moment and this book provided a couple, such as the stories regarding being action oriented. On that basis I can't give it anything less than five stars.

This is a fantastic book for anybody starting their personal development journey as it's literally teaming with sage, easy to read, objective advice. And for everybody else, it's always nice to be reminded of the basic formula to success especially when you consider that it's all basic.

Happy reading
3 people found this helpful
on 11 June 2017
All we have to do is change our thinking
on 22 May 2016
The magic of thinking big is a brilliant read full of tips and ideas to move toward being the best you can be and overcome your fears. There is no reason to hold back from living your dreams as is shown in this book.
on 8 July 2017
Great read if you need a reminder that anything is possible when you stop doubting your self and your abilities to achieve great things. I would recommend this book.
on 4 August 2017
Does not really give much practical advice, but sets out some useful principles.
on 4 August 2016
This book is awesome. I love the fact that it was written so long ago because it really highlights the fact that all of Schwartz's points are still absolutely relevant today. If you just want a pick me up or if you want to be inspired to take action on your dreams then this book will do both and everything in-between. Great read. Thoroughly enjoyed it. You should buy it!