on 14 December 1998
This was my first ever JAK book, an impulse buy because I loved the cover design. I haven't looked back since. I love this book, in fact of all the JAK books in all the different pseudenyms I've read since, it still remains my favorate, next to Absolutely Positively. I love it love it love it. It was a revelation the first time I read it. What is this? I thought. A romance with a strong powerful hero - who doesn't treat the heroine like dirt while secretly loving her? A heroine who is loving and forgiving - without being a total wimp? A story free of all those tortuous misunderstandings and tiny miscomunications that ruin the plot and seem to plague Romantic fiction like smallpox? It was amazing. The heroe's heartbreaking search for someone - anyone, who will love him for himself, brought me to tears, as he lavishes his attention and affection on the heroine, still believing she will reject him in the end. And his amazed joy when she proves that she really does love him had me rushing for the tissues again. And yet he's still macho enough to send shivers down your spine - nice ones. This is a lovestory that you'll read until the book falls to pieces, digging it out to read again every year, and slipping into the sweet, timeless story with a sigh of happiness. Grand Passion is a masterpiece of love, drama and suspense. I love it, and so will you.
on 10 December 1998
I totally enjoyed this book. Cleopatra Robbins is a very normal, but very unusual woman, and a great heroine. I loved the quirky supporting cast-Andromeda, Daystar, the private detective who wears very loud, obnoxious clothing! Max Fortune (unFORTUNEate choice of a name, but) is a good hero for this story. Honest and human people, who have standards and care about what they do. Buy it, it is a great read and a very winning story.
on 25 June 1998
This JAK books is one great story. You've got an interesting plot with a mystery to solve. You've got a hero and heroine who give new meaning to the phrase 'sexual tension'. A cast that is both funny and full of life and zest. One will not regret this read.
on 13 June 1998
This is my favorite book --- i must have read it 5-6 times & listened to the audio just as much! I love Max & Cleo & the whole Robins Nest Inn family !!
on 5 March 2014
Nice light hearted romance with a bit of mystery thrown in. You are quickly drawn into the story which doesn't remain one dimensional as sometimes happens with romance stories. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but then I do enjoy this type of book, if you are looking for something realistic and true to life perhaps not for you.
on 30 December 1997
Jayne ann Krentz has done it again. Another winner! The characters immediately enfold you in their warmth and draws you in and makes you cry and laugh with them as (esp)Max tries to find the one thing he has lacked in his life and the others enfold him as they also enfold the reader.
on 17 March 1998
I have read almost all of her books, and this is undoubtedly her best yet. I've read Grand Passion at least four times. Max's search for a family, and the unconditional way Cleo's bunch accepts him tugs at your heart. I wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone interested in reading a well rounded, entertaining romance.
on 17 May 1999
The ultimate erotica! I found this book and realized myself in Max, and Cleo. I too have felt the lonliness and misery that comes from having money and success and then realizing that I wanted something more deep down inside and not really knowing how to obtain it.Like Max does.
on 13 March 1999
I've recently discovered Krentz at a local library. I've read most of her works by now, and her formula is a little worn from being used so often. I keep reading her mostly because there are flashes of brilliance in her works that promise to be something more, but all of them then get lost. Grand Passion is the worst of the lot -- I figured out the mystery of the paintings by the second or third chapter, and the suspense and romance was so unrealistic I was skimming every other sentence just to have the relief of getting to the end.
on 5 March 2014
I really enjoyed the story, But I guessed straight away where the lost paintings were. Why didn't they I wonder?