Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 6 April 2001
A very good manual on how to use amino acid supplements and their co-factors for achieving wellness and combating aging. All the important areas are covered, like dosage, combinations, the exact vitamins and minerals to take at the same time, as well as foods that contain aminos. The description of the metabolic pathways and how amino acids work are extremely interesting. Areas where amino acids can help are discussed under stress, anxiety, depression, immunity, cancer, heart disease, allergies, digestion, herpes, alcohol, smoking and looking and feeling young. Perhaps the book is a bit outdated, since there is no mention of the wonderful amino NAC (N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine) that protects the lungs and mucous membranes and is especially recommended for smokers. The lack of general index and an index to conditions treatable by aminos is a bit of a drawback as this book could be a handy reference work. But four stars overall for an interesting and illuminating text providing much needed information to those who want to take responsibility for their own health.
on 26 July 1999
I purchased this book a number of years ago and keep returning to it as a referance and for advice. It has illustrated the combinations of certain aminos for treatment of particular ailments. The introduction of each amino acid and subsequent discussion on combinations shows action of metabolic imbalances and how combinations will help heal every illness. He also suggests specific vitamins and minerals with each amino acid combination to assist the complete metabolism of each formula.
on 2 March 1998
I read this book, and have been using it to improve my health. I have been through many kinds of health books and am involved and aware about what foods I eat and how they affect me. I found this book to provide the missing link between the detox programs I was using in the past to improve my liver function, and ergogenic aids I use when competing as an athlete. Like most athletes I have an interest in finding books which target a specific use. This book shows what things to do for different conditions, including anxiety, stress, and alcoholism, as well. I have experienced an improvement in my life as a result of using the knowledge in Dr. Erdmann's book. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in improving their health and wellness.
on 25 March 2016
For anyone looking for an answer to mood disorders/depression and struggles with prescribed medication I would strongly recommend further investigation of amino acid therapy. This book goes a long way to providing that information, good format too. I wish I'd discovered it years ago.
on 12 April 2003
I bought this book many years ago and have been using Amino Acids with Vitamins and Minerals since the late 80's, the suggested formulae have been of great benefit to me. One test I carried out was to smoke myself to the point where I could feel restriction of my lungs (could not take deep breaths, or feel the full expanse of my lungs), continuing to smoke and taking Zinc, folic, acid and vitamin C for three days corrected this. Since then I have bought copies for family and friends that have shown an interest. I like the layman's syntax and introduction to this subject. The only thing I wish is that someone(s) would bring out a series of titles that would cover more metabolic pathways (would have to be a series due tothe estimated 40,000 of them).
on 21 March 2014
I loved this book. Full of great information about overall health, nutrition and diets I would definitely recommend worth reading!
on 24 February 2017
Brilliant book. Easy to understand. Would recommend.
on 25 January 2015