on 11 December 2002
This book is exactly the same as the TV episode. There's no real extra parts. I also thought it was writian quite poorly. I didn't get much sence of being there or paticually gripped. It's very childlike prose. It's almost like the author just copied the script down an added a few plain descriptions here and there. I honestly think I could have done better myself. A disappointment.
on 10 August 2014
I love Star Trek: Voyager, so I decided that I should start reading the books as well. Naturally, I started out with this one, and I must say that I really like it. It is well written and gives you a much broader aspect of the characters than the tv-episode does, which is usually the case in a book since you get to know so much more of what they're all thinking and feeling. I also like that the authors added a few things to the book that wasn't in the episode. The book is a great compliment to the episode, and I'll bet you'll like it if you like Voyager and the first episode Caretaker.
on 15 July 1999
This casette has the advantage of being read by a man who is in the series of Star Trek: Voyager - it's read by Robert Picardo who plays the Doctor on the show. He has a great voice and imitates Janeway, Tuvok and Neelix perfectly, with lots of humour and a grace which shows he has a lot of potential for doing other things.
on 5 June 2001
In the tv episode of the Caretaker the authors had to insert a little introduction for every character and story: so little time for so many events. Perhaps this is the way to taste this beginning with a bit more of calme and introspective reflection. And Picardo as a narrator is absolutely fabulous.
on 25 November 1998
Follows the 2 part TV episode exactly. No additional information or insight.
on 9 June 1999
this book was good, well written i really got the feel of it, its just like the episode, just a few extra bits that you dont see in the episode.