on 9 March 2016
Specifically, I liked the separating, defining, and contrasting of shame, guilt, humiliation, and embarrassment. Confusing these in my head needlessly led to poor decision making. I also liked the "when I do this, then I'll be worthy" section. This resonated for me because it's been the gateway to procrastination for me. This book has helped me think more clearly and make better decisions.
on 1 August 2014
I will be going back to read this again and again with a view to being a parent, a wife, a manager and an artist. I can assess all aspects of my life against Brene's fantastic research which is beautifully presented, instantly accessible and an honour to share.
on 27 February 2013
You have to read this book, it's conversational and inspiring. If you need more convincing about Brene Brown, then google her TED talk and this will give you a real feel for her approach. What I like most about this book is there is no preaching about what you need to do to be 'better', it is much more about trying things out, making mistakes and being imperfect. Examples are given about where the writer herself continues to try and dare greatly, and still gets it wrong. All the points in this book are backed up with extensive research about what it is to be human and the ripple effect of shame on our individual happiness.
on 15 November 2015
Omg I am only half way through a must buy brilliant book well written easy to read and understand I love it, I saw her on Oprah im not disappointed I truly love it
on 2 July 2014
excellent research into vulnerability and shame.
i suppose you can use it as a self-help book but it's amazing as an antropological study and as an insight into what our modern life style and upbringing makes of us, our coping mechanisms.
very accessible writing too.
on 3 September 2014
A must read book. ...and one for every politician on the planet as well as parent, employer, employee and lover. If the wisdom herein contained were wholeheartedly embraced the world would be transformed. Brené Brown for President!
on 17 March 2014
Only one word for this book - amazingly spot on!! Recommended this to my adult students - within days 3 of them bought it and have e- mailed to say how fab they think it is! It's been said I should be on commission - can't stop recommending this book! Don't stop to think - BUY IT NOW!!
on 13 March 2016
Excellent book and much food for thought.
on 3 December 2016
I would recommend Brené Brown books to anyone, she's incredible!
on 4 June 2017