on 10 March 2013
I found this to be an excellent account of the author's experience of World War II and its impact upon her as a child, and also in later life.
I particularly liked how she has been keen throughout to publish her diary as she had written and revised it, rather than have parts edited out.
If I recall rightly this was one of her objectives which she has achieved.

The emotions that she has experienced as a child finding herself in the middle of both unimaginable events and surroundings, are both implicit and communicated explicitly in the text, and she demonstrates great maturity in her outlook as a child.
Her drawings of the events she was part of and witnessed add an extra dimension to the narrative.

I would recommend this book to everyone, not just for its authenticity, but in the hope it helps us make informed choices when we vote to guard against prejudice and in terms of how we view current international events.
on 5 April 2013
I was very impressed with her courage and her remarkably positive attitude. How did she manage that? Admittedly, she had her mother with her at a crucial stage but in the end I suspect she helped her mother to survive. She also had good fortune. Young Jewish people were not meant to survive, well, none of them were intended to live, but she somehow managed not to give up hope. I was in a similar situation, much less hard as a child, separated from her German family in England wondering what had become of them. And I had little hope but prayed very dutifully. This did not help save my parents who perished in Auschwitz.I do not think that I, or many others would have shown such a great spirit. A remarkble girl and woman too. One can only admire her.
on 9 March 2013
This account was all the more reassuring because, unlike Anne Franck, I knew that she survived.
Her account fo her experinces was vivid.
on 17 April 2013
What a privilege to have this first hand account of such a terrible time in history from the perspective of a child. The wisdom and insight into human nature at its best and its worst is truly inspirational. A beautifully presented book too with its original drawings.
on 27 April 2017
Very good moving acount of thsi young girl and woman's story.
on 25 April 2013
This is a good book I had to read anne franks diary for scholl and that was quite interseting I read a short bit from this book in the news paper and thought I might lik eot read it and it is good
on 10 May 2013
In the current world of turmoil, mainly brought about by complete misinterpretation of who we are, and religeous dogma, it is important for the current generation to to understand that we are all just people. We have no control over where we were born, what colour we are, how we look. Our parents and grandparents were brought up in a different era. We cannot repair the past but we can make sure that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past. Too many people in authority are too concerned about leaving some kind of impression on the world - full of their own ego. Humility seems to be a characteristic that is lost.
on 12 April 2013
i have not yet received this book as i have ordered it for a friend, i am reading it myself at the moment it is all that i thought it would be. i know my friend will like it
on 4 July 2013
This is a subject which I find very moving and unbelievable what these people went through. Thank goodness that we do have anything like that now and hopefully never again!
on 3 April 2013
Very emotive. At times I really felt her struggle and her courage. Would recommend it to anyone who has read Anne Franks Diary or The Ring