Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

An African Love Story: Love, Life and Elephants
Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 March 2017
A lovely book. The world is a better place with people like daphne in it. We should all follow her example.
on 10 September 2017
Uncle Ron worked with DAVID in Tsavo National Park. He too was dedicated to the cause of raising wildebeest Willy &Impala Sally. The best was lion cub Prince who much to our disgust was shipped to Edinburgh Zoo at aged 2years. Regards to Daphne I am Ron Jolley niece
on 15 April 2017
great
on 29 September 2017
Brought this book as a gift for my mum who loved it.
on 22 October 2017
good read
on 31 July 2017
The author takes you on such a vivid journey describing her life amidst the most beautiful animals of Africa, that i almost feel i was there with her every step of the way.
on 22 August 2017
Wonderful book having visited the Nairobi elephant orphanage daphne sheldricks story is so interesting
on 16 October 2017
A heart warming story. I loved it!
on 30 March 2012
Having fallen in love with Africa 2 years on a trip to Tanzania, I was some what shy from reading another persons love story with the continent as thoughts of possible doubt would crept into my mind. But after reading this book I not only have fallen in love with Africa more, but now also Daphne herself. She is a beautiful writer and has a magnificent style, which I can only be jealous of.
The book could be mistaken for an epic novel with a life full of authors dreams and thoughts, but instead it is one of the most stunning and interesting biographic stories I have had the pleasure of reading.

5 stars!
10/10
100%
on 3 September 2014
Being an African myself ( South African ) I have found that I long for Africa since leaving to live in the UK. The work that Daphne is doing is phenomenal , that she has shared her story with us is brave and honest. I would love to have lived the life Daphne has , we place so much emphasis on living in the "world" that we forget the real things in life - we forget to live. Daphne has never forgotten. Africa never lets you forget. Loved the accounts of Kenya , the people and the struggle for survival and sustainability , loved the accounts of the animals and shared the pain of the poaching and killing. Grateful to have read this.