Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 November 2015
Love this book. Had the original one for my son when he was a child. Ordered this one for his little daughter and I am sure she will love it as much as her dad did! In fact this one is slightly better as its larger! It captures the dying art of letter writing.
on 5 December 2013
As a teacher, I am constantly on the look out for books that I think the children in my class might enjoy. As I was also teaching them letter writing, this book not only interested them but motivated them into writing letters to some of the characters in it. A super resource!
on 15 November 2013
My 6 year old grand-daughter showed me the school copy of this book( tattered by too much love) on Grandparents Day at school. She said it was her favourite.I ordered one for her and for my 4 year old grand-daughter, too. Meant to keep them for Christmas but couldn't!!! They were both so pleased! I suspect the books will look like the school one quite soon, and so they should. I really want to develop their love of books. Better now than Christmas when they will be busy with other gifts.
on 7 November 2015
Superb little book that is sure to capture the imagination of a child. I am looking forward to reading it to my Granddaughter, she'll love the inserted letters and cards! The illustrations are superb, plenty of bright colours and the paper and print quality are excellent. I would recommend this book.
on 10 July 2015
I bought The Jolly Postman for my granddaughter as she already has the Christmas one and really enjoys it. She loves finding the letters in the envelopes and relates to the various characters receiving them from stories and nursery rhymes she knows. I would recommend this book to parents and grandparents to read with their children.
on 22 October 2013
This book is fun, written well and idea is simply wonderful. I only have one concern. I purchased this book for my toddlers who are learning how to read, to broaden their vocabulary and learn correct spelling for words. Some of the words in the letters in this book have the wrong spellings. I understand the author's point of view and yes I agree the book is beautifully done, illustrations are beautiful too, but I wish the spelling was correct throughout the book, regardless on who is supposedly writing the letter. For an older child, it's a really good read. But for a kid who is just learning, you need to point out the correct spellings. I would still recommend this book, as it's very unique and a really good read!
on 6 February 2016
Such a gorgeous book! I purchased it to read to my two nephews (aged almost 1) but due to the delicate letters inside it might have to wait until they are slightly older as one had the tendency to try and rip the letters out of there pockets. Overall great book though and it definitely takes me back to my childhood.
on 28 June 2015
this was a childhood favourite of mine and when my daughter had this book as a topic in school she became a fan of the story so I brought it as a Christmas gift for her she was so happy and I love that its nostalgic of my childhood and something we can share and enjoy together
on 15 June 2011
My class really liked having this book read to them! Having so many different kinds of letter in one entertaining book makes it very useful for a week of letter writing in literacy! My only problem from a teacher's point of view was that the formal letters didn't have addresses in the top right corner.
My class really got a lot out of this and thought The Jolly Postman should be sacked for drinking wine then getting on his bike!
on 20 October 2014
My favourite children's book ,
I love the fact that each page has a letter or something children can take out of an envelope and read it ,
I have bought this on more than one occasion , a book to keep and pass down
I always recommend this
My son is now an adult and we still have the original