Customer reviews

on 2 May 2013
I met Wormingford first on the back page of the Church Times. Each week a new insight into rural life. The white cat!
The book is earlier and we meet ax a black cat.
The people, the places,and life generally are lit up by the changing seasons, by the awareness of God, and the gentle
writing style of Ronald Blythe, who wrote "Akenfield".
on 22 August 2002
Ronald Blythe is a superb writer and thinker - I'm just fascinated by his humanity and connection with the natural world around him - including the homo sapiens. I'm gradually reading everything he's written. I enjoy the accute observation of the countryside and seasons and the gentle humour. I gain great satisfaction from the rhythm of travelling through the year. I'm utterly charmed by him!
Central to the books in this series of collections of his articles from the Church Times inevitably is his faith. I am not a believer but still enjoy the books hugely so imagine a Christian might find them even more fulfilling than I do.
on 12 March 2014
Glimpses of heaven through everyday village life - a wonderful read! Therapeutic and thought-provoking. Dip in and out of it on a daily basis. Thoroughly recommended.
on 13 November 2014
delightful
on 15 July 2014
The writer brings to life the intensity and beauty of everyday experiences in rural north Essex. Joyfulness in every page.
on 17 September 2015
very good
on 3 September 2011
My copy of this book arrived in very good condition and promptly. This seller offers an excellent service and I thoroughly recommend them.