• IT
  • Customer reviews

on 24 October 2017
I've never read a Steven King book before and certainly would never go to see one of his movie as I don't like horror movies...why increase your heart beat from a film when as you grow older it gets there on its own. LOL. I decided to take a chance ...wow what an amazing writer, I loved it and hated it, but it was so brilliantly written I couldn't put any of its 1800 pages down and then it still kept me awake at night BUT an amazing experience and once I thoroughly recommend but read it in a place which is calm peaceful and relaxing. Enjoy.
9 people found this helpful
on 16 March 2017
Spine chilling read. You won't want to stop once started.
12 people found this helpful
on 3 March 2018
Love Stephen King films but in the safety of my own home (more the sake for other people’s ear drums than mine when I scream in fear). So seeing his latest film offering in book form had to buy it and give my family the chance to not be deafened by my screams. For me the book gave it an eerie feeling the balloons at the start made my imagination run riot. That and the yellow raincoat. So right from the very first page I was watching and waiting for something to happen and happen it did. No spoilers but if you’ve read any of his works then you know what a good and slightly terrorizing read you are letting yourself in for. I was holding my breath at times waiting for It other times thinking best choice the book and not the cinema as jumped and shouted quite a few times.. yes blamed it on the dog making noises to make me jump. At least reading the book at home I could get away with dog as an excuse. A big thick chunk of a read but so worth it for the chill factor.
5 people found this helpful
on 2 August 2017
This book brings back memories of my best friends. Hanging out and having fun. The bonds. The trust. The difficult stage of falling for one when another fell for you. Then there is IT. It knows your fears and feeds on them. It's ancient and the history of Derry shows It has been there before.

The history of Derry is fascinating. It could so easily all be true.

I adore this book for the reasons above. There's no other book like it.
6 people found this helpful
on 18 July 2017
This book literally took me months to read. This is a heavy book to read and I took multiple breaks from it. I can usually read non stop but this was different. IT is phenomenal, the storytelling is smooth and beautiful. The story itself is amazing yet horrifying but perfect overall. I cannot recommend this book enough to any King fan.
5 people found this helpful
on 6 March 2018
Wow! What a book!

I will admit I was completely taken aback by the SIZE of this... 1376 pages!!! I began this book back in September 2017 and read about 200 pages before I stopped for a while. I kept picking it up and stopping again over the next few months.

But over the last month I have just been constantly reading this and it enthralled me.

This story creeped me the hell out but I loved it.

I’m sad this story is over.

This is my favourite book by Stephen King.
review image
2 people found this helpful
on 28 April 2018
I decided to read this and listen to this ( which I usually do ) after watching the 2017 movie and within the first 2 pages I was hooked, this hardly happens to me when reading though the narrator does a great job with this audiobook, a narrator usually makes or breaks an audiobook for me.

I’m not going to compare this to the movie the only thing I did do was have the images of the actors and actresses involved in the new movie version in my head when reading about the characters and throughout the book which made this a little better for me.

Mr Kings style of writing is awesome and pulls you straight into the story, the details he puts in to create the world is astounding which made me to never wanting to put this book / audiobook down. It took me 5 days from start to finish and after finishing it I decided this will be a yearly read / listen for me as I enjoyed it that much.

Highly recommend to anyone who loved the old or new version of the movie and a fan of Mr King himself.
on 8 February 2018
This is not a detailed review, as it's all been written before by many other reviewers. Suffice to say that "It" is one of King's most accomplished and rewarding works, and will stay with the reader, long after they have eventually reached the final page.

I say "eventually", as this is a colossal book, and a big commitment, perhaps not for light readers who just need a quick story to pass a rainy afternoon. It is also not an easy read, due to the sheer thickness and weight of the book!

Go on the journey. It's one you won't forget.
on 26 February 2018
I don't even know where to start with this book. I must admit, although I love Stephen King novels, I often find it takes quite a while to really get into them and so was a little daunted at the prospect of the sheer number of pages in this one. My god, I wish it had been twice as long! This is one of the most artfully crafted, beautiful books I have ever read. It sucked me in from the first sentence, I devoured it every single chance I got and even nearly missed my stop on the bus route to work. The Losers bond and friendship is the shining light throughout the story, King manages to make 7 very real, very prominent main characters where others might not make 1. I was left feeling utterly bereft upon finishing and like somewhere out there, Derry and the Losers truly existed.
on 20 June 2017
I last read 'IT' when I was 18 and remember how utterly terrifying the read was. I often would put the book down to prepare myself for what would happen next....way too scared for the characters who I came to love and genuinely fear for. I am now 44 and have just finished reading 'IT' again; well it was better than I remembered and just as terrifying. It's the forthcoming 'IT' movie that has encouraged this trip down memory lane. I have viewed the trailers and I am beyond excited to see the film this September. I just loved reading this book again and I am happy that all events will be fresh in my mind for when I see the Movie. Stephen King is the author of my youth and I will most certainly be revisiting other Mr King titles I'm sure. Such a talent!