on 10 October 2014
Such an honest story from one of my greatest heroes. As someone who suffered from a drug problem in my youth and is now a counsellor helping others with there drug problems! this really hit home for me but also Normalised my struggle and was able to see him as what we truly are, just Human Beings with all our faults.
on 2 May 2012
This book is an honest and true account of Sugar Ray Leonard's life. As you read on you can tell it is him and not a ghost writing it. I am not a book fan but I couldn't put this one down. I even downloaded the book on my phone to keep reading while I was in work. A must buy.
on 30 April 2012
No holds barred account of his life from the great Sugar Ray.
I thought some of the early parts of the book were a bit feeling sorry for himself, but as it progressed, I have to say I really enjoyed the book and admire the man even more so than I did in the past.
on 23 April 2012
A facinating insight into the life of one of the best boxers the planet has ever producded. He was a giant in the ring and he is honest enought to admit he was far from that outside. A true legend for a great era of boxing one of which we will never see again.
on 13 January 2015
I found this book to be an engaging read having already read a lot about this era, four kings, hands of stone and the hagler and hearns auto biography offerings. It was good to finish the set. All the aforementioned are well worth a read too.
on 23 April 2012
Fantastic read. Leonard's career is already well documented but this goes in to the background of each stage of his career and gives a great insight in to what was going on in his life, training camp and his mind. Excellent stuff.
on 13 September 2013
I quite enjoyed reading this one. Insight into the life of Ray Leonard and he's honest about the struggles he's had to overcome outside the ring. What a life he has had so far. Must read for any big boxing fans in my opinion!
on 9 September 2014
an eminently entertaining and brutally honest portrayal of a boxer whose biggest fight was outside of the ring. a must read for fight fans, particularly those who followed the famous four in the 80s. well written and moving
on 16 August 2015
This was a great read and I think it was worth the time I spent reading it as it enlightened me into the mind of someone I truly admire.

All isn't always as it seems and true happiness comes from within.
on 20 March 2016
I am three quarters way through this book and enjoying it so much that I ration myself to about half an hour a day, while reading other material.
'A fascinating insight into the life of one of greatest!