Format: Board book|Change

on 14 August 2015
What an adorable story! So simple but really sweet. I remember reading it when I was a child and loving it and I bought it for my two kids 6 and 3 and they both loved it! Will be read again and again.
on 17 March 2017
Always in search of beautiful books like this one, a simple but sweet story. Definitely one that will be read again and again over the years so I'm glad I purchased this. Greatly recommend this book to anyone with a young child!
Fast delivery and book arrived in perfect condition.
on 14 April 2017
Item as described. Fast delivery. Thank you!
on 11 May 2016
The big favourite, my great nephew's Granny is now making green corduroy dungarees for his teddy. Beautiful book.
on 12 May 2017
Fantastic book, used to read it when we were kids and still love it now.
Have you ever wished to live somewhere else? Have you ever been lost? If so, you will be able to understand this story about Corduroy.

Thirty-eight years ago, the author, Don Freeman, wrote this children's book. How it has stood the test of time. The illustrations are a bit dated, but they are still vibrant and colorful, and depict the adventures of Corduroy. Parents/teachers will enjoy reading this book to their children. The children will have all sorts of questions about Corduroy and his lost button and his new home. The words are easy to read and understand, and this story will provide children with feelings of empathy and understanding. Corduroy is a story for the ages.

Recommended. prisrob 01-14-15
on 18 May 1999
This was one of my favorite books as a child. When I was in college I bought a new copy and every time I re-read it it makes me cry. Poor, confused Courderoy looking for his button and kindhearted Lisa who wants the damaged bear despite her mother's admonition to get something nicer. A wonderful story which teaches a lesson to children about people and things that may look imperfect on the outside but who are worthy of love like anyone else. I can't wait to read it to my child (hopefully I won't break down in the middle of it).
on 24 June 2017
Have as a gift! Was a hit!
on 25 April 1999
It was quite a funny story when Lisa wanted to buy the poor bear with no button.Her mum didn't let her buy it when Lisa wanted but she came back the next day and bought Corduroy.
It was funny when Corduroy pulled the button off the bed.
I loved reading this book and then I got " A Pocket For Corduroy" to read.
I am 6 years old and think lots of other children would enjoy reading this book.
Corduroy is a teddy bear that lives in a department store. Day after day he waits for someone to buy him and take him home. One day, a little girl wants to buy him, but her mother won't let her because Corduroy is missing a button. Can Corduroy find it?

I remember this book fondly from my own childhood, and it still holds up well today. The story is a simple quest, but Corduroy's reaction to the department store at night is so cute. And if the ending doesn't make you smile, there is something wrong with you.

If you and your child haven't met Corduroy yet, fix that today. It's a cute story that everyone will enjoy.