on 4 March 2013
The information is fairly broad. It is not detailed enough on particular issues, but rather, it seems to provide information which one could research further elsewhere. For example, when dealing with nutrition, various helpful suggestions are made by providing the supplement dosages which say a certain health care practitioner suggests. I did just go out and buy some of the suggestions, but would probably need to read those other authors to understand the reasoning behind the supplements fully.

It's a bit of a thought inducer. I found the notion of biofeedback interesting, if I'm not forgetting the term the author used. The notion that breathing is somehow related to having a seizure seemed relevant. As did issues of the stomach. It seems that I could research deeper into various ideas the author picked out for comment in her book. I will use it as a starting reference book as and when I want to study more, even though some things did seem a little bit on the "pseudo-science" side. I kind of liked that though, because it gives the reader the opportunity to decide whether something is beneficial, putting their health in their own hands, and away from the passive acceptance of that decided by a time constrained health professional (one that is of course also very helpful).

The author comes across as caring and compassionate and understanding of the concerns - of course she having gone through such health battles herself. I was surprised how much this mattered to me. It was a refreshing change from the sense one usually gets from medical practitioners.
on 18 January 2011
I bought this book as I had uncontrolled epilepsy from 1986 to 2003. I had a brain injury and could relate to what the author went through (smilar to me). I have taken over 30,000 tablets during my epilepsy "career". I still take my orthodox meds but had a look to see if there was anything else I could do.

After reading the book - particularly sections about caffeine and aspartame - I stopped taking those substances. I was having 150 seizures per month. Stopped Caffeine and aspartame and have had (touchwood) nothing at all since November 26th 2003. Whether it is just coincidence or not, I believe this book has helped me. We are all different and react in different ways - it may or may not help you. Why not read the book and try something?
on 26 August 2015
This is a really good book if you want to treat ur epilepsy naturally. It tells u what deficiencies maybe causing ur seizure, bit of info on the ketogenic diet n lots of other things that maybe causing ur seizures, e.g. Sugar.
on 6 March 2014
Fabulous book. Well written and well presented. Very useful and full of very useful information. Has been helpful for my other half. Thanks.
on 25 August 2014
Useful information on many therapies.
on 8 December 2014
Arrived in good time and very informative
on 21 June 2009
As someone who has developed Epilepsy through as a result of a brain Injury i was realy looking forward to reading this book, while it does give some great information on the subject of Epliepsy, it fails to take into consideration the many types there are, I tried on of the herbal remadies mentioned and it sent me off the deep end, in fact I FELT WORSE if you buy this book it is good subject matter and I learned a lot about Epilepsy, as for the treating bit, not to sure the jury,s still out.
on 12 February 2015
This should be compulsory reading for everyone who is interested in health not just as relates to epilepsy. I am very glad I bought it.