on 28 August 2007
I have to admit that I was sceptical when I ordered this book but I had tried lots of other ways to reduce my blood pressure so figured it was worth a try. The book is excellent, it is packed with sound commonsense. It isn't about tricks and gimmicks, it explains why blood pressure rises and sets out clearly the changes you need to make to lower it. The dietary advice is brilliant. It is a sensible way of eating which I am not finding it hard to follow and my blood pressure went down within a couple of weeks of following the advice and is staying down. I was never someone who ate loads of processed food anyway but just by being a litle more careful with my diet and including more fruit and vegetables (and cutting out the crisps) I have reducated my taste buds.

Hopefully I shall never need to resort to BP medication - I certainly feel healthier and a few of those additional pounds seems to be melting away.
on 6 April 2010
I got a huge shock when I went for a routine check up at the doctors and ended up in hospital with high blood pressure. I don't smoke, am not overweight, don't drink a lot, don't eat junk food and am reasonably fit. I decided to find out as much as I could about my condition and so purchased this book. It is very informative and easily understood. It explains how your heart works, etc and explains how you can bring your blood pressure down by making some changes in your life, i.e. diet, exercise, managing stress. I would recommend this book for anyone in my position.
on 7 September 2009
Although I guess I really did know what caused high blood pressure in general terms, I was really interested in this book and all the useful information provided. It is easy to follow and has loads of useful tips on how to lower your blood pressure naturally.I followed these tips religiously for 2 weeks and immediately noticed a reduction in mine. I'm positive that if I continue with these simple measures I will be able to maintain normal blood pressure instead of having to go on medication for the rest of my life. I now keep the book on my kitchen table and refer to it all the time. It was a great buy.
on 19 January 2010
In my opinion, this book is a basic book about high blood pressure control. If you don't know anything about the subject it could be a good starting point. I think some statements, specially about pills and herbs, are risky for this kind of book (well-intentioned, public health oriented), but all in all is a good book to be aware of the main factors related to high blood pressure. Its level is basic, don't fool yourself: if you already have an average knowledge about the subject you are not going to find new items.
on 15 July 2011
I went to my doctor with blood pressure well off the scale and was offered an appointment one month later for a 24 hour BP monitoring session. The problem was, what should I do in the interim? I came across this book, decided to give it a try, and following the advice in the book got my blood pressure down to something reasonable before my 24 hour monitoring session. I just now took a series of readings which were at 110/60, well below what my blood pressure previously was, and well within accepted UK healthy boundaries. The things I found most useful were exercising, cutting salt, caffeine and alcohol, and consuming some higher k-factor foods. I did buy another more "scientific" book on the subject, but this one is much more readable and easier to follow.
on 19 June 2010
I've read the book and find it poor. At times a bit vague, waffles too much on certain subjects. Missing a few of chapters about topics that does affect blood pressure (cholesterol, meat, fat). Food tended to be based on american products. Doesn't offer any good recipe ideas.

25 ways? Rubbish. Some of the "ways" are duplicate/triplicate of other "ways".

There are some (albeit small) useful hints/tips that can help you work towards your goal of reducing (and probably maintaining) blood pressure.

Note: This book is rather dated - written nearly 10 years ago and badly needs a major revision.
on 28 June 2012
I purchased this as my partner has been diagnosed with high blood pressure and it has been a really useful interesting read. It's helped me to adjust my cooking plans and generally guide us through a big change in diets and lifestyle. Highly recommended to anyone trying to get to grips with a major diet and lifestyle change.
on 23 November 2013
Book has useful tips on lowering blood pressure. Most of these are well known, nothing new there. There are however a few bits of information that is not generally known,so for just this it was worth the price. I have taken on board a few ideas and although it is early days, there a subtle changes
on 5 April 2015
If you follow instructions and eat the right diet it really works, it's up to you
on 8 February 2016
Useful book to study, may help me reduce my BP naturally.