Customer reviews

on 21 September 2011
For those who wish to know the contents:-

Limbo
Melodia Africana I
Tracce
Password
Melodia Africana IV
Le Onde (Canzone Popolare, Francia 1500 ca.)
Le Onde
Passagio
Onde Corte
Questa Notte
Due Tramonti
33 Comments| 208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2015
I have enjoyed playing the music and there is a lot of it. I'm pleased. How do I persuade this book to stay open though. Clothes pegs help.
on 10 May 2017
Get it, very good, lovely yass lovely, nice very good you will enjoy it hehe, get it now buy it
on 21 February 2008
Great book!
Really awesome chill-type music.
Some are admittedly easier than others, but a great book to work through for people who are still learning, or for people who just enjoy this type of music.
I find some a bit difficult and I'm at grade 6, but some are quite simple.
A great buy.
ENJOY.
on 12 May 2008
This music is simple to play, but can still hold a haunting power.. I'm at grade 7 and can comfortably sight read most of the pieces accurately.
This book is great for when you want to make good music and relax at the same time.
on 4 January 2015
I absolutely love this book. I find it so relaxing to sit and play these pieces as they have just the right level of difficulty and repetitiveness. The pieces are absolutely beautiful and are really good at improving emotion in ones playing as it is required to make the pieces as emotive and varied as they are on the album. There are a good number of pieces in this book so i've been able to learn them all and yet still feel challenged. I'm of Grade 7 standard technically however I stopped having lessons a fairly long time ago so i'm not of that standard currently. I would say Grade 4/5+ would enjoy this book and I certainly have. The binding is not perfect as the middle pieces need propping open but the quality of the book otherwise is good.
on 15 May 2011
I have been playing various Einaudi pieces for about 4 or 5 years now and I never tire of them - they range in difficulty and I find it a great stress relief to play them, especially when revising etc. My sister had his "piano collection volume 1" I think and this was good but if you are getting a book then get this one as it has I think all of those pieces bar about 3, and MANY more besides. I love it. So does my sister. They are the sorts of pieces that are easy enough to just play straight off without sounding awful (I have done my grade 8 now but I have been playing his pieces since I was probably about grade 5 age 14) and then when you have played them a couple more times you can start playing them with more expression etc. Nice that you can play such nice sounding and varied pieces without having to fight your way through them - playing the piano shouldn't be about forcing out a set melody, but enterpreting the music in your own way, and that is what these pieces are all about, and I find allow you to do.
on 13 November 2011
This is just about the only book I use for piano (self-teaching) and I love it. The songs are very lovely and I also have the CDs so I know how all the pieces are meant to sound. Highly recommended.
on 10 October 2009
This is definitely a very substantial and economical entry point to the music of Einaudi. My one reservation is that it pretty much avoided the music of Una Mattina, which to my mind is one of his more colourful collections.
on 25 July 2016
I've been a fan of Einaudi for years and have always wanted to learn to play his songs. Having recently purchased a digital piano I thought I'd dive in at the deep end. "Le Onde" was top of my list. The sheet music is accurate - more accurate than my ears at least - as what I thought was going to be "easy" was in fact much harder than anticipated. Even so, I'm enjoying this book and challenging myself to play better!