on 27 December 2001
The title 'Warm Ups' may be a bit deceptive as I would say that this book is a lot more than that and would be better described as a personal 'tune up'.
The book won't teach you how to play drums but I'm reasonably sure that unless your a top pro, whatever you can do now it will enable you to do better. It will certainly help me to developing greater control and precision.
Some of the exercises devised are tricky more than difficult and even an absolute beginner will be able to do them at some level. Being tricky makes it enjoyable to work through and I actually found myself laughing on occassions as 'auto pilot' took over and adjusted the sequence to suit myself. As a right hander I have now become aware of just how much I would benefit by working more on my left!
To summarise I would say that even if you have little or no technical or practical drumming skills you will be able to benefit from and enjoy this book. For those who do have the skills then this should be useful as a 'tune up' manual. If there is a downside at all it's that I found my practise time disappearing as there wasn't much left by the time i had enjoyed 'warming up' !
A book well worth buying in my opinion.
on 7 February 2007
This book is priceless as far as building up strength, technique, stamina, speed or simply fine tuning the basic essentials of drumming are concerned. Granted, there is nothing overly complex within the book, but it provides a structured base for warmups and enables you to identify weaknesses. For me, i discovered my left hand needed a lot of work to bring it up to speed with my right, which will improve the overall quality of my drumming.

The exercises are flexible, in that they can be personally adapted to suit your needs, by changing the tempo or incorporating syncopation. i would definately recommend this book to drummers of all levels: for beginners learning techniques for the first time, to experienced drummers for warming up or improving basic technique.
on 25 February 2009
Wow!!, when I first found this book, I thought it was one of the most important and possibly influential books I've seen in over 20 years of drum teaching. I wonderful book with application and fun for all.
on 27 December 2009
Good exercise book for drummers, but I have to take my time, and practice slowly, i,m getting on in years, but it keeps me going and is better than doing crossword puzzles.
on 13 April 2013
I really love this book, its something every drummer that wants to increase speed and endurance should have in their book collection.

# Remember, Great persistance is required to achieve great results!
on 17 January 2014
This was a gift for my nephew and I know it has proved very helpful. It arrived in perfect condition.
on 14 December 2014
If you need to improve on your technique, this is a great book
on 17 June 2016