Customer reviews

on 13 April 2017
My lecturer introduced this book to me. I am very satisfied of The condition of this book.
on 18 March 2006
This book is a must for all medical students. Before I came across "Lecture Notes...", X-rays were a complete mystery to me as a medical student. Fortunately, a friend of mine recommended this book to me, and it improved my grasp of the subject considerably. The high-quality images and easy-to-use layout make learning a pleasure. The picture quality, level of information offered, and impressive design contribute to a brilliant overall learning aid, which clearly beats its other rivals. The scope of the book is perfect, covering virtually all the common conditions that one is expected to be able to recognise as a final year student or junior doctor. It certainly contributed a huge amount to passing my exams.
on 11 August 2001
If you're looking for a book to give you a basic introduction to radiology then this is for you. It explains the various imaging techniques and covers each body system with large images of common diseases and disorders. The only downside is that the xrays and other images in the book are of 'barn-door' diagnoses - if you expect to see images like this on the ward then prepare to be disappointed - life's not that easy! However it is a good introduction and will prepare any student for the daunting task of presenting an xray on a ward round and for that reason alone it is well worth buying.
on 28 July 2005
In my view, this is an oversimplified book with no enough pictures and description of the imagine of the most common pathologies faced by doctors, which in my view could be included instead of the uncommon ones. Also, the reader should be aware that the images are extremely clear, unfortunately not as clear as the ones we see on the daily practice of Medicine. On the other hand, I am very aware that it would be impossible to include an in-depth description and imaging of all radiology in only 300 small pages, therefore this is a basic book that has to be complemented by other more descriptive and explicative text books.
If I had the chance, I would not buy this book again and would look for something maybe more expensive but with better explanations.
Summarising, an over ambitious book that aims to contain too much information in a small space, resulting in a disappointing basic, sometimes misleading book. However, it can be useful for the very beginners in the Medical field whom will study the interpretation of radiology from other text-books and ward experience.
on 3 October 2015