on 25 November 2002
Russian is hard to learn, but a beautiful language when you get the hand of it! I fell in love with Russian writers such as Gogol and Dostoevsky and then decided to learn the language. I am enrolled to a course and we use "A Comprehensive Russian Grammar" as our main textbook. I guess it is considered as the standard reference in many courses alike. What many people do not realize is that there is a grammar workbook by the same author that acts as a companion to this textbook. In the workbook, there are several substitution drills and they do tend to get boring after a certain point, but as you know the more you repeat, the better you learn that language. I found out that the translation exercises were extremely helpful. As you struggle to form sentences in Russian, you use several different tenses, suffixes etc. and things start to make sense. Your vocabulary builds as you try to translate from Russian to English. All of these exercises also show you which parts of that specific subject you did not understand. Several times, I work on an exercise in the workbook and realize that I should go back to the textbook and read that section again. If you already bought or planning to buy "A Comprehensive Russian Grammar," definitely get this workbook. They complement each other nicely. I strongly believe that you will get the most out of the textbook when you have this workbook with hundreds of exercises. You probably realized that there are not many good resources for learning Russian. Terence Wade certainly did a fine job by writing these text and workbooks. Another similar text/workbook that I highly recommend is "Basic Russian: Grammar and Workbook" by John Murray and Sarah Smyth. It was optional and I am glad that I bought it.
on 14 April 2007
Terence Wade is renowned for having the best books for Russian Grammar. This book was recommended by my Russian teacher, and now we use it all the time. Alongside the comprehensive grammar book that Terence Wade has also produced, it is easy to learn grammar, and to use it. However if one is self-teaching, one definitely needs the other book to go with this one, as this one alone will not teach you.

Great workbook!
on 13 March 2010
It's a good book, useful for revision and for practicing the language. I would recommend it to anyone who has a reasonable knowledge of Russian and wants to keep up the language, especially if not many occasions for speaking it.A Russian Grammar Workbook (Blackwell Reference Grammars)
on 28 December 2014
really hard, but really good