Customer reviews

on 11 June 2017
I enjoy this writing, it shows the different sides of the Holy Spirit in giving understanding. Looking forward to a complete version
on 15 August 2012
Francois' translation is so awesome because, not only does it reflect the various shades of the original language, but it comes from a heart that was touched by the ageless message of Jesus Christ who came to be an example OF us rather than an example for us!
Surely, a recipe for a translation that communicates the Gospel accurately!
on 29 December 2012
The Mirror Bible is not a true translation, it claims that it is "strictly following the literal meaning of the original text" but is actually a rewriting of the text to fit in with the author's own theological viewpoints (such as that through Christ's death all mankind has already been saved). I am shocked by the number of 5 star reviews this book has received. Personally I think it should have been titled "The Window Bible" because so many orthodox doctrines such as the Second Coming, Final Judgement, the need of personal regeneration etc, have been thrown out of the window. To give one example: Hebrews 6:1b-2 "Surely we don't need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. You don't need further instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment". (New Living Translation)
"There is no life left in the old system. It is dead and gone; you have to move on. All the Jewish teachings about ceremonial washings...the laying on of hands... and all the teachings pertaining to a sin-consciousness, including the final resurrection of the dead in order to face judgement, are no longer relevant (Mirror)
I'm not sure how the author would translate John 3:16 "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life" since he believes faith is not essential and non-Christians are certainly not perishing.
If you must read this 'Bible', keep another reliable translation (NIV, NLT, etc) in hand to compare...
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2014
This bible looks into the original meaning of the words and all the way through highlights the wonderful message that God loves us. It is easy to read. Good to have another bible as this doesn't cover all the New Testament, but as a running commentary or additional book it is brilliant and I recommend that everyone should by this, it will gladden your heart!.
on 12 November 2013
Great translation, that clearly define the difference between the old and new...works and grace.
Obviously necessary in today's church as people are confused as to how they can receive through love and not law, rest not works
I have just begun to understand the fullness of what our Lord Jesus Christ did for me, and the more I see it's the more awesome it becomes.
Would recommend
on 13 January 2016
A better interpretation (FULL of grace translation when compared with other translations) of the Bible. Having met Francois Du Toit briefly in 2009 (before I knew of his endeavor to translate the Bible), I remember him as a gentle man sharing God's LOVE and GRACE for him with others effortlessly and having fun for LIFE with much compassion from my perspective.
on 21 March 2013
The mirror
I had a good look in the mirror, and I have to say that it was a pleasant surprise to see myself in all the fullness, richness, depth and clarity, and I like what I am seeing. Now I sort of knew what to expect because I know who I am!
But for someone who doesn't know me, and is looking into the mirror, they would get a very good idea of who I am, but they couldn't see my purpose.
When I brush my hair to the right, the mirror brushes it to the left, and when I brush it to the left, the mirror brushes it to the right. The mirror is lying to you, that's ok as long as you know it's lying to you. Then the mirror, as always, can be used as a tool, provided you don't let it rule.
on 7 September 2014
Recommend this as a refreshing read of the bible, as an interpretation that I feel is nearer to what was the real meaning.
Especially KJV was translated from the british veiwpoint, and with possible predjudice. It is not a total translation yet.
on 19 October 2012
This translation is absolutely amazing everyone I have shown has been blown away. So wonderfully written, must must must have. Buy it now!
on 15 December 2012
Francois brings the Truth of the Gospel jumping out of the pages of this book! To see ourselves mirrored in Jesus, and to see the insightful notes on the original Greek is truly enlightening.