Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 17 October 2006
I bought this book for my 3 year old son after seeing the film. This book is beautiful illustrated with watercolour prints of George the monkey and the man in the yellow hat. There are 8 stories of the antics and adventures they get up to including a camping trip, bulldozer at the park, train story etc. This is a great book for boys as they will indentify with the things that interest George and the mishaps he gets up to because of his curiosity.

It is a good, wholesome book of innocent tales written in an American style (Curious George coming from American).

The book is excellent value for what you get - 8 stories in a hard back version with lovely pictures.
on 14 January 2008
A favourite book of both my 4 year old son and myself. Curious George is a gentle but fun character who gets into simple mischief. There are many Americanisms (as in the TV show) but these are easily explained and by no means detract from the wonderful stories. This particular book has 8 stories with fabulous illustrations and not too much writing on each page. The overall quality of the book is of the highest standard. For around £5.00 this is an absolute must.
on 16 November 2009
My 4 and a half year old has just loved this book, not too long a story for bedtime & nice pictures. His reception teacher has introduced a curious george monkey that the children are allowed to take home for a night if they have been particularly good & so he liked relating him to the stories.
on 30 January 2014
If you know the series from TV then the book nicely complements them. Additionally, what I really like is that the text of a story is well shown by the pictures on every page. As you read the few sentences on each page children look at the pictures exactly described by the text. The length of each story is just right for the bed time, too.
on 14 January 2012
The stories and illustrations in this book are nice enough, but they are not the ones I remember reading when I was a kid. It seems that these are new stories, not the original ones (although the book credits the original authors-- very misleading!). If you are looking for the original Curious George stories, you need "The Complete Adventures of Curious George."
on 14 March 2014
Lovely story book that complements the tv series. Choosing the story to read with my little boy is fun because the contents are laid out across 2 pages and illustrated. A few americanisms that are easily replaceable. A good bedtime story book.
on 27 March 2013
I got this to my daughter to give to my son for his second birthday. He adores Curious George. The book is lovely and the illustrations are really nice. My daughter some of this every night to her brother.

I would recommend it for everyone, even those not familiar with the curious george characters
on 3 May 2014
I Bought this for my 2 year old daughter. The paper quality is good and it is printed with very vibrant colours. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has a child that loves Curious George.
on 4 July 2015
We have been collecting the George books for our 2-3 year old, she loves them and we find the stories a bit more interesting than most infants stuff. So all in all a great buy.
on 10 May 2013
Just as expected. Very happy with this book. Could have done without the "8 Stories Included" badge on the front but that it just aesthetics. The inside looks great!