on 9 March 2015
A good choice of meals and important information regarding this fantastic diet.

Even though the fast day meals were tough, it s well worth pursuing as the results have been the best I and my mum has seen. This has shifted more pounds than any other diet, my skin looks better, my mind more focused.
By sticking to the diet and buying only the needed ingredients, this cut our food bill in half and our household waste!

We don't think about food and crave things like we used to, actually it barely crosses our mind!

This book was good for meals for the price we paid.

I would highly recommend this diet and this book but do talk to your doctor first if you have health issues xx
on 11 February 2015
Should have realised. You get what you pay for. Probably value for money but limited in scope.
on 27 June 2014
Good
on 12 February 2014
Received book ok but as yet have to try any of the meals enclosed inside. Value for money and worth a go
on 14 March 2014
So I've purchased quite a few 5:2 diet recipe books now, and usually what I find is that either the recipes are BORING, or there is just no way in hell that the calories add up. So I always check the calories myself. Well, all of the calories of the recipes I've checked so far add up as they should. And even better, they are sooooo good. A previous reviewer stated that the recipe for the 'Caramelized Pear and Swiss Omelette' wasn't accurate, but unfortunately he must not have noticed that recipe serves 4 people, not 1! So the only thing I would say is make sure you check the servings. Most of the recipes serve 1, but a few of them serve 2 or 4. Anyway, this is my go to 5:2 diet book. Love, it, Love it, Love it!
on 9 January 2014
The 5:2 or 'Fast' Diet was popularised by Dr Michael Mosley. It's an appealing idea - you eat normally for 5 days a week and only restrict your calorie intake 2 days a week. The difficulty comes when you try to devise a whole day's menus with a total of only 500 or 600 calories. Diana Clayton's 5:2 Diet Recipes is the prefect answer.

Until I read this book, I hadn't realised how satisfying a sub-300 calorie meal could be. Buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup or blueberries, for instance, only comes to 285 calories. I'd add a squeeze of lemon juice myself because maple syrup is so intensely sweet. Diana's recipe uses half buckwheat and half wholemeal flour which is very filling, but if you are gluten-intolerant, I'm sure it would be almost as satisfying with only buckwheat. Another surprising sub-300 calorie recipe is Spaghetti Rustica (what I know as spaghetti alla puttanesca, but that's not a name for polite company). Can anything so delicious really be slimming? Actually, being pernickety, I checked the calorific calculations for several of the dishes and found them faultless.

Diana has helpfully divided the recipes into breakfasts, lunches and dinners of about 100 calories, about 200 calories and less than 300 calories. I'm particularly looking forward to trying Sesame Kale Chips (British translation Sesame Cavolo Nero Crisps, although I imagine you could use curly kale) at a mere 60 calories a serving. I also like the sound of Mini Zucchini (courgette) Pizzas.
on 14 January 2014
This 5:2 diet book is well structured, full of colourful pictures and an easy read for anyone wanting to understand and try the 5:2 diet system.

It contains a bunch of tasty, easy-to-follow and make recipes - some are for breakfast, others lunch and dinner.

Didn't believe that I could have a delicious breakfast of about 100 calories. But it is possible and this book shows you how.
on 3 March 2014
It's got everything what's expected of a recipe book. Beautifully explained on the 5:2 diet itself and how it works, benefits and so on. The book then goes into the recipes, has a good range in fact. The methods are straightforward and easy to follow. Never knew there was a chai tea smoothie, looking forward to trying them out.
on 16 January 2014
I find this book really useful because it explains clearly what the 5:2 Fast Diet is all about. The author gives useful advice on how to manage this diet correctly in other to maximize its benefits. She has provided many recipes which are quick and easy to prepare using readily available ingredients. Most of the meals have a short preparation time of 5-10 mins which makes them more attractive.
I particularly like the recipe for melon-ginger soup, which I intend to try soon. Great pictures too. I highly recommend this book.
on 31 July 2014
The 5:2 Diet Recipe Book is a great way to get healthy and lose weight. It explains what the 5:2 diet is and then goes on to help you do it! It includes many delicious recipes for your diet which are all less than 300 calories. The great thing about this book is that all of the recipes are super easy to follow and are true to their word, they don’t go over 300 calories! This book really helped me to manage my diet and lose weight in a healthy way!