on 4 January 2013
This book is absolutely crucial and should be read by any player moving on from the Beginner stage. Jared's view on tilt and other mental game issues is pretty much novel amongst poker writers but more to the point it's far more on the money and will actually help you cure tilt as opposed to just suppressing it.

This is one of the best poker books I've read and heartily recommend it to everyone.
on 18 February 2015
Worth reading for a few nuggets of truth, clearly defined but this guy doesn't know how to play poker.
on 8 June 2017
The best poker book I have ever read . Great insight of the mind and mental attributes of connecting to the game of poker , highly recommended .
on 5 December 2012
Will definitely sort out any tilt issues you have as well as any other minor emotional problems you have. Sorted out my frustration at losing pots to crap players.
on 26 November 2012
This is possibly the best book I've read related to poker (and I've read a few in the quest for perfection believe me!)

The first few chapters are a must read to identify your problems, traits, issues and from there you can use it like the old Fighting Fantasy books, ie "If this fits your game turn to page 34" etc. You can just read it like a book from cover to cover, or pick and choose what's for you and what isn't. Simple right?!

The book covers so many issues and provides helpful explanations and theories, as well as how to go about making things better. It describes it as a process to make you better at coping, rather than a miraculous cure-all. It also seems to work, which is definitely a bonus, and let's face it, if it's saving you money at the tables then it pays for itself, right!

A 'must buy' for anyone serious about exorcising their demons, or at least learning to live with them in peaceful harmony.

Good luck
on 14 March 2013
I stumped up a couple of weeks ago and bought a copy from Amazon. I have suspected that there had been something wrong with my game but couldn't put my finger on it. Well just wanted to say thanks to Barry and Jared for virtually ripping me to pieces. I have read almost every poker book worth reading and in my mind if this book doesn't end up a classic then it has purely got to be because people just don't recognise the importance of it but if they don't then as a poker player then I am not complaining.

The only people who couldn't possibly recognise this book as a great book are those that are either not aware of how important the mental game is now in poker or those that are not in need of Jared's help......however at some stage of their career they will be because everybody does. To say that this is the best tenner I have ever spent on a poker book is a massive understatement.

I was struggling to figure out why my game had progressed so much technically but yet my results were stagnating over the past six months. I had put it down to too much poker and just simple burnout and spending too much time at home and not enough time outside doing normal things. The "inchworm" principle was fantastic and highlighted what I had been doing wrong with my education. I could go on all night quoting areas of the book which highlighted flaws but I came to the conclusion that I was mental "fish" (well actually Jared told me that I was).

I don't know if I had just gotten too soft and maybe too much poker didn't help. I was outplaying tables and then spewing back the profits repeatedly time after time.....I even thought at one stage that I had masochistic tendencies. I have highlighted all of the pertinent points that concern me personally in the book and now study the book every single day. I have taken a few weeks off to get my head straight and become more familiar with what was said. Looking forward to the second book by the way, cannot believe that I left it so long but I have always thought that I could figure out my own problems as I always have done but I guess that no man is an island......anyway congrats on a great book and many thanks for giving me plenty of food for thought.
on 24 August 2014
I'm only four chapters in and already this book is going to have a massive impact on my game, there are some real valuable nuggets of information in it and the profile writing exercise has highlighted just how many leaks I have in my mental game.
I haven't got to the part with the solutions yet but I expect them to be well presented, logical, lucid and well structured as the rest of the book has been so far.
The author goes over concepts in minute detail, which I personally enjoy as a coaching style, nothing is presumed to be already understood, he is very thorough. My only slight gripe is the American style of writing/speech where the author use an adjective when he should use an adverb, but that is really irrelevant.
Will this book do what it was designed to do and improve my poker game, and help me make more money? Without a doubt it will.
Also the concepts and exercises in this book could translate well to other games and sports, and life in general.
I highly recommend it, especially for beginning players, as I am.
on 1 September 2013
This book has been extremely useful in opening my eyes to another side of poker I hadn't really considered before. Well worth reading, gets a bit repetitive towards the end but dies help you understand your game better.
on 14 April 2014
I can't criticise this book too much as there are certain things in this book that do help and are beneficial.

However, Tendler basically comes up with 2 or 3 ways to control tilt but manages to spin these out into a whole book, explaining in different ways basically about the same thing.

Not bad for the price, partially helpful, but not a great read at all.
on 9 March 2013
excellent piece of work designed to make u understand your own decision making when in pressure situations in poker. Reading it, using it, adds money to your pocket.