on 8 July 2015
Good book it's amazing that Ethan Wate & Lena Duchannes come together and despite their families and friends trying to stop them. a great book took me a while to get into but it gets better. It's great how Ethan and Lena are still together and prove that mortals and humans deserve a chance at happiness
on 7 July 2017
You must be a fan of the books to purchase this.
on 20 March 2016
Could not wait to read the second, after reading the first
Absolutely brilliant
on 11 June 2017
Very good. Product as described and very fast delivery.
on 16 February 2013
Fantastic read cant wait to read the next really enjoying this series. if u like supernatural books with a bit of romance then defiantly give this series a read
on 27 December 2012
with Twilight gone I was looking for something new to catch my imagination. Casters,incubuses seers its all going on here.
After finding this book a little hard to get into I did enjoy it, definately one to stick with (it might also help if you've read book one reasonably recently).

The main thing I like about this series is that it is told for a male point of view which I think it reasonably unusual for a YA book. Ethan is an awesome character who you can't help but warm to. The book picks up directly where the last book left off. You see Ethan trying to keep Lena together after all what happened on her birthday and you feel for him because she really isn't helping herself at all. The first chunk of the book it was like you weren't seeing Lena at all but a completely different character and I for one spent most of it willing her to pull herself together and feeling for Ethan even more. As I said to start with the first part of the book is very slow and I found myself questioning an awful lot of what was actually going on because it all seemed a bit weird to me. It wasn't until about half way through when a revelation was made about Lena that everything else I had just read clicked into place and I started to understand why it had been written the way it had.

Without giving away too much once I hit this point I really started to enjoy that book for a variety of reasons. Firstly there are a whole host of secondary characters both old and new who pop up constantly and are brilliant for a variety of reasons. Particular favourites of mine were Ridley and a new character Liv. I also love the character of Lucille Ball (the cat) and was pleased that there was something more to her than what she initially seemed as I was continually fascinated with her. I enjoyed the scenes in the tunnels which I thought were well written and added and creepy dimension to the book. I also loved the story line involving Macon and his relationship with Jane (I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't read it but it is awesome to say the least). The final resolution (well the resolution for the time being) was good, although once again we are left on a cliffhanger not really sure which way things are going to eventually fall.

Definately a slow burner which you need to stick with. When things finally do click in place they really make sense of what has just happened. Certainly one to seek out if you enjoyed the first book.
on 9 July 2017
Brilliant book!! Would definitely recommend
on 15 March 2013
Excellent book, brilliantly written. Awesome storyline. Definitely worth a read if you've read the first one, but not if you've only watched the film. The film has missed important characters, character development and integral information from the first book, if you read this after only having watched the film, not only are you missing out on the masterpiece that is the first book, but you'll be really confused. All that said, this book is really worth reading the first book for, and after, you'll want to read the other 2 as well :-)
Lena and Ethan have survived the horrors of Lena's sixteenth birthday, but things are far from over. The question of Lena's Claiming is still unsettled. Will she be a Dark or Light Caster - and what will it mean for her relationship with Ethan?

When Lena runs off with a mysterious Caster and leaves Ethan behind, he thinks it might be time to move on, but he soon discovers the only direction to go is after Lena. Ethan sets off with his trusty friend, Link; a new girl named Olivia; and Lucille the cat. Their hunt for Lena takes them deep into the Caster tunnels, where they find more trouble than they bargained for.

The adventure that began in BEAUTIFUL CREATURES continues in this sequel and brings the reader a few steps closer to understanding the tangled relationship between Ethan and Lena.

I enjoyed reading BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS, but thought parts of it dragged a bit. I had things figured out and thought the characters should have been able to figure out certain elements sooner than they did. I found myself wishing things would move along a bit faster so I could get to the end and find out what was going to happen to Lena.

The slow moments weren't enough to stop me from reading, and much of my frustration was probably due to the fact that I like Lena's character and wanted to spend more time with her. She was more of a presence than present in this book, and I missed her.

Despite my hang ups, I look forward to seeing what "eighteen moons" will bring and discovering what will happen with Lena and Ethan.

Reviewed by: Joan Stradling