The Complete Slow Cooker
Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 February 2015
Excellent book full of easy tasty recipes. Delivered promptly and well packaged.
on 15 November 2013
I've bought a few other recipe books for slow cooking since purchasing my cooker last year, but found most of the recipes rather ordinary/uninteresting, so was delighted to come across this one by Sara Lewis. The recipes work and are very varied. Times need to be adjusted (downwards) as my cooker is I think a little hotter than it need be even on 'low', but I can strongly recommend this book. I've even tried a couple of the pudding recipes in it (rice pudding, baked apples) witih success.
on 14 April 2014
I a a true child of the 70s and 80s and have always had a soft spot for a slow cooker. At times my slow cooker has been put to languish on a shelf gathering dust but lately is has been installed on the counter top in all its glory. This book is great it has all the classics from macaroni to lamb shanks everything you would expect from a book about slow cooking, and then chucks in few surprises who knew you could make lemon and poppy seed drizzle cake in a slow cooker! I especially like the conversions for cooking food if you want it to cook more quickly etc. I also love the cute intro re how your friends may tease you regarding your new slowed down lifestyle! I call it envy! Cute book, great recipes.
on 14 September 2013
Very comprehensive guide to slow cooking illustrations and tips are very useful both for beginners and for seasoned cooks. Well done!
on 30 November 2013
Great recipes, lovely pictures, good price - but didn't realise it would duplicate so much of a Hamelyn slow cooker book I already own.
on 29 September 2013
Very good illustrations, instructions and general knowledge. Recipes are also good, I have enjoyed testing quite a few and they always please.
on 7 November 2015
Hit & miss with the recipes in this book. The pork with ratatouille has become a family favourite but the lamb tagine with figs & almonds was unpalatable. Such a shame too as the ingredients for the tagine were expensive. This is a recipe to avoid!
on 11 December 2013
Complete Slow Cooker recipes, techniques and tips, a great book to get the best out of your slow cooker. Shows how to get good food simply and with some very good recipes to follow or as a starting point to your master-cooking efforts.
on 14 February 2014
I bought a slow cooker before Christmas and the recipe book which came with the pot had only a few recipes. I bought this book and so far have made a number of meals. Easy to read and very clear instructions
on 18 May 2014
Nice book and interesting recipes to make sure I eat well and use my new crockpot to it's full potential. I actually made my first ever Christmas pudding from this book and it was perfect!