on 24 December 2013
I've long been a subscriber to the Telegraph, and in recent times its crossword is one of the few reasons I've remained one. Although the paper is now going the way of the tabloids with an increasing emphasis on sensationalism and celebrity worship,the cryptic crossword remains a reliable feature, and having it in book form has almost decided me on cancelling my subscription and working my way through the book itself (and others in the series), which are useful to keep in your bag to kill time when commuting, sitting in doctors waiting rooms, traffic jams etc.

If I have one gripe about Telegraph crosswords, including the ones included in this book, it's the fact that they neglect to publish the name of the compiler, unlike other quality papers. I think this is an insult to them (ie the compilers) and a (perhaps deliberate?) drawback for us solvers, who get to recognise the style of individual setters, and thus have a key as to how to approach a particular puzzle.

Still and all, this book is excellent value for money, and I thoroughly recommend it.
on 5 March 2016
As a crossword addict I love these books. I find The Telegraph crosswords the most enjoyable as they're not as insultingly easy as the tabloids nor as claw-your-eyes-out difficult as The Times but still challenging enough to get you thinking. With a hundred puzzles this one will keep me going for a while
on 7 October 2016
I'm only giving the same review for these books. No-one will read it,,, my review that is... It's a book of crosswords. In a style I know. What's to say? Puzzle 20, Clue 1 down was divine?. I ordered it. It came. I completed it. I threw it away. End of.
on 25 August 2013
If you like shorter crosswords these are pretty good, with each quiz having a number of easy clues and just enough more difficult clues to challenge the reader. A couple of criticisms: the printing is cheap so writing on one page passes through to the next like a carbon copy and it then looks like you've filled the next crossword in; more seriously, there are some sloppy errors - one answer is "aliment" but printed as "ailment" in the answers, and one grid has a space for 19 Down but no clue for it.
on 4 July 2017
If you like Daily Telegraph cryptic crosswords and haven't done these ones before this is a good buy. Otherwise I would suggest staying away.
on 13 February 2016
If anyone likes the Telegraph cryptic crosswords, this is the most economical way to buy them. You can enjoy them without having to buy the paper and read the depressing news.
on 7 August 2013
I never know what to get my dad on Father's day so I always end up buying him either a box of maltesers or something DIY related, this made a nice change. He's not seen without it so I presume it must be alright - It's pretty thick so there are a lot of puzzles.
on 2 April 2017
Great when sitting in a waiting room! Some clues not good
on 29 August 2017
Great books. My mum loves them.
on 31 August 2013
thoroughly ENJOYABLE WAY TO SPEND A FEW MINUTES/HOURS. would RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO REALLY ENJOYS CONUNDRUMS. OR GETTING INTO THE METHODS OF THE COMPILERS