on 7 January 2016
Perfect for my crossword mad aunt
on 2 July 2015
Clues and grid on different pages. Sorry, but I gave up. Sounds fussy, but it gets very annoying to flip backwards and forwards - and I only do crosswords for some entertainment.
We're thoroughly enjoying working our way through these puzzles. We do them as a family - my partner, mum, brother and I - so with a pooling of knowledge they are not too difficult and provide plenty of fun - there's nothing to beat family banter at other members' stupidity. I've noticed that other people have said that questions on one page and the grid on another is annoying but to us it is more laughter as my partner can be guaranteed to put something in the wrong place (the last time it was the wrong crossword!). Great entertainment and we'll be buying more.
on 28 January 2015
This series of general knowledge crosswords gives a lot of entertainment. They're quite hard but if you work at it you can just about get there. It's like giving your brain a good workout! My only problem is that I can't remember which books I've done before and then thrown away.
on 22 December 2013
I cancelled my paper because I only wanted the telegraph crossword on a Saturday - my treat of the weekend but was throwing away a lot of the othe r bits
Some of the questions are really hard and I am enjoying learning from it as the answers are in the back
on 8 February 2014
These crosswords are really enjoyable yet still stretch the old grey matter. Good to keep the brain working as these are exercises that help keep it in good shape........... one hopes!
on 11 November 2015
Bought the general knowledge books 2 and 3, which have kept me happily engaged in something other than watching the TV! I struggle to answer many questions but that doesn't matter, I go back time after time and find some more I can answer, along with reference books and if need be, cheat and look at the answers in the back of the books!!
on 13 September 2014
have been doing telegraph cryptic crossword for 35 years - now living in Kenya for 3 years so bought this book for morning brain entertainment - read the news on line - fab
on 23 September 2015
Arrived sooner than expected and in good condition. This series is challenging but not difficult enough to be frustrating!
on 29 October 2014
The Telegraph crossword puzzles always gets my brain working! It's one of the first things I pack when off on a trip.