on 30 November 2016
This is the third book I have used over the past 2 years or so. I use it during the day for odd moments or break-time to keep my mind in gear when not teaching on supply. The level of difficulty varies from, for me, puzzles that take half an hour to ones that I peruse over a couple of days. The odd one is very difficult, one setter, I imagine, who likes writing very subtle red-herring-type definitions. A fews of the clues/answers I never manage to understand! If you like a challenge of well-written cryptic clues which are not Mensa-level, but pose a variety of challenges and keep you thinking, then the DT puzzle books may be just what you are looking for. It takes me a year to get through 100 puzzles.
on 18 June 2016
I've been buying the Daily Mail version of these for the last couple of years and thoroughly enjoy them, but I thought I would try the Telegraph ones for a change. They are even better than the Daily Mail ones. Fabulous fun and frustration! :D I am converted!
on 24 January 2013
They never fail, do they? They drive you mad, but you must keep at it until you can guess no more. Then, and only then, you look at the answers, and wonder how on earth you
1. missed that one, it was so easy when you thought about it,
2. would never have got it in a million years.
on 14 November 2013
Only gave 4 stars because Telegraph seems to have dropped the very large series of cryptic books it used to do. I have a few of these. I tend to try to do a few crosswords when I am on holiday or away on business. I hope when I eventually finish this one there will be a larger choice available.
on 9 March 2015
Usual high standard of crossword from The Daily Telegraph, always enjoyable and of varying degrees of difficulty, something for everyone whether just starting out with cryptics to the more seasoned solver
on 28 April 2013
Nice balance of cryptic crosswords with some well thought through clues. Decent amount in the book although some of the print was fairly tight on the spine side so you have to crease the book open to see clearly.
on 25 January 2016
Trying to learn how to do these crosswords so having a book might make it a little easier - especially with the answers at the back!
on 26 November 2015
I really like the book but I was disappointed that what was labelled as a used clean copy had someone had filled in some of the crosswords :(
review image
on 28 September 2016
Arrived quickly and as expected
on 21 July 2013
I'm slowly working my way through the book having completed the first five or six puzzles so far. I find 'The Times' and the 'i' (The Independent's sister paper) to be a bit more tricky than the Daily Telegraph, therefore this collection is just about right for me.