Customer reviews

on 12 September 2017
Just completed this book after many enjoyable months of mental exercise. Some of the clues defeated me so I'm glad they thoughtfully supplied answers at the back.
on 22 March 2017
Great
on 24 July 2014
Gives me hours of entertainment........excellent exercise for the brain!
on 4 June 2014
Nearly every puzzle had several poorly composed clues. Having done Telegraph crosswords for 50 years, I found this lack of "cryptic satisfaction" a disappointment. Each puzzle covered two pages making 200 puzzles take up 464 pages. This makes the book rather bulky for slipping into a coat pocket, especially after some use. I agree with other reviewers that the use of long gone and quite forgotten politicians as clues would be annoying for younger puzzlers, especially in what is purported to be an "All New Big Book of Cryptic Crosswords". My guess is that the Telegraph is pulling out the clues from their massive database, having done away with human compilers.
on 19 May 2017
nothing to say.
We're hooked on these since we started taking The Telegraph newspaper a few months ago , it's a good way to keep your brain active by "thinking outside the box". We need our "fix" every day and the paper is excellent as well.
on 19 April 2013
Just hard enough for a little mental gymnastics without making you tear your hair out.
Younger people may not identify with clues refering to old politicians.
on 3 February 2013
Brilliant, have not done cryptic puzzles for a long time, really challenging although sometimes ultra vague on how an answer is constructed.
on 11 January 2014
I am a cryptic crossword fanatic and the level set by this book is difficult and uses up my little grey cells every day! Perfect for these long cold days when at 78 yo there is little to do outside. A great gift for the cryptic crossword fan.
on 19 September 2013
This book of crosswords and solutions was all I was expecting. Having the solutions at the back of the book is great, although it does tend to encourage 'cheating'. Delivery was quick.