on 25 August 2013
This book contains several designs for different and interesting socks.
I'll start with the good points. I think the designs are fun and the book covers a lot different types of socks, e.g. cable socks, flip-flop socks, individual toe socks, children's socks etc. (we're talking about socks here so there are only so many variations!) It also includes a section for designing your own socks and gives information on how to modify designs to fit your requirements/preferences/skills, e.g. I prefer to use the short row heel for heel shaping as I hate picking up stitches. The author includes sections at the beginning of the book about starting and finishing techniques, e.g. kitchener grafting, which even as a moderate knitter I found useful. She has also included modifications for different sizes for some, but not all, of the patterns.

On to the not so good points.
As mentioned in a previous review, the patterns are not as accurate as they should be. So far I have tried two of the patterns and I had to use my judgement to modify the patterns to make them work. The acknowledgements suggest the patterns have been tested but I'm not convinced!
In addition, many of the patterns in this book have been designed using yarn from Schoeller and Stahl. In my experience, the yarn has not been easy to find in the UK, and some yarns do not appear to be stocked in the UK. You may be able to find it but just be warned you may have to look for substitutes. The author does include a section about choosing yarns but I would find it more useful if there was more than one type of yarn suggested for each pattern.

Overall, I think the patterns are fun and interesting but the book is let down by the lack of attention to detail. Accuracy in patterns is a must and as such I do not recommend this book.
on 21 June 2013
The author was very easy to follow,and the first two pairs or socks were fine. I have shown the book to friends at our knitting club and they are interested in possibly buying it.
on 1 January 2014
love this book! everything i wanted and at a fab price. Really happy with it - only problem is sourcing the specified yarns as it is an old book
on 7 November 2014
Super book, makes sock knitting easy!
on 24 September 2016