on 22 July 2015
I bought this as I wanted crosswords based on General Knowledge. Wish I had paid attention to the reviewer who said there were too many questions which require names of film stars. Film titles or Directors. As I have no interest in Films, stars or directors, I find a third of the most crosswords, I cannot answer. This is frustrating. So I have after page 11 stopped using the book. The other questions are great, but this is no use if I have to look up half the answers.
So beware if films are not your thing. Try another crossword book.
on 30 July 2012
This crossword book was for a present. I have purchased the books before & although have no need to deal directly with the seller, the products have been sent out promptly & been very well received. Therefore no complaints & would highly recommend.
on 30 November 2013
I really prefer general knowledge crosswords - these are supposed to be just that but they are more often just alternative words rather than questions. Can't find a good one on the market, so there is a challenge to a publisher!!!
on 27 April 2013
Bought this for my husband he said it was good , but a few of the clues were difficult to work out and some of the the answeres both of us had never heard of, think they were made up to fit the space?
on 15 September 2013
The product was just as I expected it to be. It arrived within the time frame I expected. The providers service was excellent and I shall use their services again in the near future.
on 11 November 2013
My husband is a great fan of the Mail on Sunday crossword. This was bought as a small surprise present for Christmas. I am sure he will make full use of it
on 10 January 2012
Great paperback book full of general knowledge questioned crosswords.I wouldn't say they were an easy lot to answer but not cryptic either.A good all rounder with hours of fun. Go on-treat yourself ;0)
on 26 May 2016
excellent book
on 5 September 2014
Bought for my husband as a present and he was delighted. He does the crossword every Sunday and the crosswords in this book don't disappoint. Will be getting number 2 for Christmas.
on 18 July 2017
Enjoying the book and the mental challenge