on 8 February 2017
Some of the recipes are good but there is far too much prep time involved for most - I'm used to flash frying meat to brown it but this is ridiculous - it can be 20-30 mins prep at which point just finish the dish off in the oven!
on 31 October 2016
I was after recipes where you can just put everything in the slow cooker and leave it for hours, not ones where there are cooking processes needed at the start. Almost every recipe in this book starts with 'Heat some oil in a frying pan...'.
on 1 January 2017
Very happy I bought this book. I am a slow cooker novice and was a little clueless but this book is full of different and not boring recipes. I've only tried a couple of recipes so far but I've had a look at all of them and there are no ingredients that are difficult to get your hands on which I have found to be an issue with previous recipe books being Americanised.

I like the fact that below the majority of the recipes is a section offering a variation on that recipe and how to make it different. I certainly don't need this yet as there are so many I need to try out but I think this is a great addition for future experimenting.
I like the hints and tips on how to get the most out of your slow cooker, this was a nice surprise and perfect for newbies like me!
on 4 December 2017
I’ve now made 4 recipes and found the results disappointing. 2 of them I’ve adapted by added more spices/adapting as the family found them really bland - of the other 2, 1 curry was watery and insipid, and the lemon chicken was almost inedible bitter. I’ve followed the recipes closely and usually get good results, but find this book disappointing
on 3 February 2014
This is the perfect book for both an absolute beginner or for someone who is familiar with a Slow Cooker. Everything is explained in easy to understand language from what type of Slow Cooker would best suit your family size, how to prepare food to go into the cooker to adapting your own family recipes.

The recipes are easy to follow and allows those who are perhaps not very familiar with using a Slow Cooker to see just how versatile they really are with recipes for breakfast i.e. Banana and Cinnamon Porridge through to what most people think off whenever a Slow Cooker is mentioned - Soups, Stews, Hotpots, Meatballs, Lamb Shanks through to cooking dishes for special occasions i.e.Pheasant with Pancetta, Lamb Tagine with Figs and Almonds and not forgetting the Desserts - Christmas Pudding, Saffron Pears with Chocolate, Pineapple Upside down cakes, Bread and Butter pudding, Peaches with Marsala and Vanilla and on to something warming to drink Hot Punches and Mulled Wine. And if you think that Fish, Seafood and Vegetables are too delicate to use in a Slow Cooker then think again - Caribbean Brown Stew Trout, Soused Herrings, Macaroni with Smoked Haddock, Squid in Puttanesca Sauce, Stuffed Peppers, Mushroom and Walnut Cobbler and Sweet Potato and Egg Curry are just a few of the mouthwatering dishes that can be done.
on 19 March 2017
Delivered as stated brilliant stocking filler my daughter loved the recipes easy to follow instructions as busy working mum,
on 26 May 2017
I sent this little cook book to my niece in NZ, and she has had nothing but praise for it! She loves the recipes (probably just a little offbeat, knowing her tastes!), and so does her family - husband and two young children. She's just been given a new super duper slow cooker with a timing facility, and is in process of reducing her stress levels around dinner time, and enjoying gourmet meals as a bonus. I'm so pleased for her!
on 10 August 2013
I ordered this book along with my first slow cooker and I love it. The introduction is great with extremely good information about using a slow cooker. It also has lots of tips which have helped me immensely. I've tried about 10 of the recipes so far (the pork with ratatouille is gorgeous) and have not been disappointed yet. I have a 6.5 liter pot and adapt the recipes accordingly. I've also used the guidelines to adapt my own recipes and all have been tremendous. I'm going to try the xmas pudding shortly and store it for the winter! I like that the recipes have photographs and I also like that they are concisely written and to the point. The price is incredible too.
I'm sometimes messy in the kitchen, but the quality of books paper is so good that spills and splatters wipe off immediately without losing print or sticking together afterwards.
The size of the book (something like 6 inches by 7 inches - haven't actually measured it but I'm estimating) might put you off. Don't let it. If I could get all my cook books in this format I would be very happy. Its size detracts nothing from its job, in fact, it saves more space in the kitchen.

I want to order the second book in this series but am a bit scared that the recipes might be repeated. If anyone can advise me otherwise it would be greatly appreciated!
on 26 February 2017
I felt this was not so much recipes for a slow cooker so much as recipes adapted to use a slow cooker without any benefit. There is none of the effort saving that I associate with my slow cooker. The recipes I got in the booklet that came with my slow cooker and from the internet are better. I wont be using this book.
on 7 April 2017
This was bought for my Mum who had purchased her first slow cooker. I already have this book and have used it repeatedly. Plenty of nice easy recipes to enjoy.