• Child

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 July 2011
This is a lovely book. The info is interesting with just enough 'research type' stuff to make it credible without being too dry; photos are sweet without being too sentimental and it is a nice size with a dust jacket. The book looks expensive.

Sadly, someone somewhere took the decision to print it in light grey type, on white shiny paper. It's very hard on the eyes. I have excellent vision. This strained my eyes and I didn't enjoy the book as much because of the type colour.

That was annoying. The pleasure of admiring the 'artiness' of the book was soon over. Form over function I'm afraid.

I want to send it back for a refund, but that doesn't seem entirely fair as I have made an attempt to read it. Having said that, had I flicked through the pages in a bookshop, I wouldn't have taken this to the till because of the faint type.

Also, just for the record - I'm not in Texas, I'm in Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England!
on 9 February 2011
This is a cracking good book! You will find loads of information about how your child progresses from 2 to 5 years of age. It's a very well laid out book and easy to read. (A must for busy parents who might get disheartened with weightier tomes)
on 1 January 2015
More of an art book than something informative.