on 20 March 2010
I have purchased a few baking books to bake with my toddler of 20mths and this is by far the best book. The recipes are varied from savoury dishes to sweet and all are simple and easy to follow especially for people like me who have very little experience. I use this book a couple of times a week and love just flicking through it, my little one also loves to look at the pictures of the kids baking and now on a daily basis asks to bake cakes. Don't bother with the Annabell Karmel first cookbook this one knocks spots of it and comes highly recommended.
on 24 August 2015
I bought this book for a member of my family and they gave said how much they have enjoyed making some of the receipes.
on 29 April 2012
I absolutely love this book. I bought it because I had so many great memories of baking when I was a kid that I couldn't wait to get my 18 month old started. I bought this 2 months ago and we have been working through the 'easy peasy' recipe section.
The recipes are very clear and easy to follow, they have been kept very simple so its easy to follow whilst monitoring an eager toddler. My son now puts the bun cases in the tray himself and has got very good at mixing & adding ingredients.
I thoroughly recommend this book.
on 4 June 2010
Great book, highly reccommended. I own 5 childrens cookbooks and have borrowed many more from the library and this is definately the best i've seen. Have used many of the recipes with children in my Montessori classs and all have been successful. 5o easy to follow tasty recipes and lots of nice photos. Cakes, cookies, savoury bites and festive baking (easter, halloween and christmas). Some of these recipes include: Rock buns, Banana muffins, Coconut and raspberry cupcakes, mud pies, gingerbread, jammy dodgers, Frangipane wheels, Jam tarts, Brownies, Pizza faces, Mini quiches, Cheesy twists, Courgette and cheese muffins, Pumpkin heads, Hot cross buns and Meringue snowmen. Young children will have great fun measuring, mixing and rolling out the ingredients and everyone will enjoy eating the finished products!
Also highly reccommend "The Usborne Yummy Little Cookbook" for lots of delicious things to make.
on 8 January 2011
As other reviewers have said, this book is fabulous. I wanted to add that it is brilliant even for children as young as two, and I can see it would be even better for older children. My 25 month old has loved helping with the recipes we've done so far, and I anticipate would be able to get involved with the majority of the recipes (with heavy supervision and a lot of mess of course!).

The photos are really helpful and appealing, and allow the child to help choose which recipe they would like to make. The recipes are very easy to follow.

There are great ideas for Easter, halloween and lots could be used (or adapted to a theme) for a child's party.

There are savoury recipes too, but mainly sweet. Great for a rainy day or time stuck in the house, and delicious afterwards to boot!

I can't recommend this book highly enough, and I will be buying this as a present for other parents.
on 14 March 2013
Excellent book for toddlers and preschoolers. Yep, most of the recipes are too sweet or plain for my husband and me to really enjoy, but if the pleasure is in the making, then this book is perfect. Lots of creative ideas for decorating cakes, some tasty savoury options, and really easy straightforward cooking instructions. A great gift, ours is so well used it has chocolate and flour fingerprints on every page.
on 7 January 2013
i love this book, and use it frequently. When we decide to do baking I let my 3 year old daughter browse through it to choose what she wants to make - most of the ingredients are in the cupboard anyway. There's not pictures of the end result of every recipe, but apart from that I can't fault it. It has all the classic cake and biscuit recipes you'd want, and even a few savoury ones.
on 6 February 2013
I have had this book for a couple of years now and have recommended it to many of my mum friends. The recipes that I have made have been attractive and easy - and unlike some other recipes I've used from the internet or other sources, the finished product actually looks like the photo (even with my two little boys doing the cooking!), and what's more, is edible! The mini-quiches in particular go down very well with kids and adults alike. I would have liked more savoury recipes, but with a "baking" title I guess you have to expect a lean towards cakes and biscuits. Overall I would definitely recommend.
on 18 November 2008
I first came across this book in the nursery where I work and with one flick through it I knew I had to own it. The recipes are fantastic to cook with your little ones, but I have found myself baking lots from the book for packed lunches without the children (peanut butter cookies and frangipanni wheels are great). There are also some seasonal ideas like cobweb cookies for halloween and some recipes for christmas and easter.
If you like sweet treats this is the book for you whether you have children or not!
on 3 January 2012
I bought this book for my niece who's 4 and loves to bake with Mummy. She loves the book for its pictures and mum loves it for the range of recipes and easiness to read and follow the recipes with her daughter. I coupled this with a child's baking kit and it made a really lovely Christmas gift.