on 1 May 2013
Bit disappointed that about half the recepies are for hot dinners that you cook at home and serve immediately!!! Kinda defeats the object of the title. Still, the other lunches seem ok, still I had this book a couple of months and havn't used it yet - so can't be that great then?
on 22 February 2015
A very good book if your child likes to try different things to eat.
on 31 October 2013
If anything it was reassuring that I had covered most bases - written in a didactic manner, so have not looked at again. Would recommend for someone who is new to pack lunches or needs their hand holding.
on 30 March 2012
I was bit disappointed with the book i wouldnt say it was a very good childrens lunchbox book more of a general lunchbox book good content but i dont think my 3 year old son will be having much from there. Glad I paid a penny!
on 3 June 2014
I, like many, own hundreds of recipe books. Literally hundreds. Many are in the attic now, some never used. Among them are recipe books for kids - meals, snacks, lunchboxes, picnic ideas. You name it, I've got it. So this was not my first purchase of a book of it's kind.

I bought it mainly for the salad ideas. I grew up in the US and Canada, where salads truly are a MEAL, not a garnish on the side of the plate like you get here in the UK. I've been fortunate to travel and have enjoyed lots of varieties of salads. This book is particularly good in that it allows for generous portions of salad - the idea being that the family eats the majority at the evening meal, and the remaining salad is packed for lunch the following day. I make packed lunches for 4 each day - my 3 kids and my husband. The recipes make up just enough for all four of them, and every one I've tried is delicious!! The haloumi and pasta is a favourite, as well as the Bulgar Wheat and Lentil. Lots of ideas for desserts which I've not tried, but I love it for the salad recipes alone.

Recommended.
on 7 December 2011
I live at BFPO in Germany and it is hard and pricey to get the ingredients needed for these lunch box ideas. personally a bit of waste of money, it tells you how to make a sandwich etc..... unless you can not even cook an egg dont waste your money and just buy yourself a decent cookbook and take it from there.
on 19 August 2007
I am very pleased with this book of ideas for lunchboxes. It can be very difficult to think of new things to include that the children will actually eat. I found it very helpful in planning shopping for the week, and organising the fridge so we had a few new things available, instead of the usual ham sandwich and yoghurt.
on 18 February 2012
I love this book as it has so many fantastic ideas for everyday meals for all the family,and all so easy to make without any fuss.
on 10 September 2007
This book has some interesting ideas and they are easy to put together. Good value.